Saturday, October 29, 2022

Friday Friend Recipes #317 and 318--Melissa's Italian Cheesecake and Yummy Braciolee

 


My Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown #317 and #318


My wonderful niece's Yummy Braciolee and Italian cheesecake

and you know all the whys and wherefores of this countdown, right? Homemade cookbook, friends contributed, Handyman said I couldn't/wouldn't do it, I'll show him, yadda yadda yadda....

...and the rest is cookbook history!

Just remember, the countdown is not all about pretty food and food design---it's about the people and the stories.
And (the most important thing) proving my husband wrong--and that I can and WILL make every recipe in this cookbook


And this time it's not about the photography AT ALL!
It looks like raw meat, but it's just tomato sauce that didn't spread.  It tasted good, just didn't look so great--for me.  I'm sure when Melissa makes it, it is stunning to look at.


See?  Here it is all ready to go into the oven---perhaps I should have drenched it in tomato sauce?


....drenched in the sauce,
So that it didn't come out looking like raw meat. 
But it tasted great and that's the most important thing, right?
(sigh--I do know that they say, you taste with your eyes first)







This?  This is the best!
And the photos turned out great.
It really was yummy!!








As I get closer and closer to the end, it makes me kind of sad---because now we will say good-bye to Melissa (in the Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown only)
But you can check out all her recipes here.  Just click here.  Do it.  Do it now.
I am surprised by how good her dishes are.  (only an aunt can say that, right?  Being surprised I mean.  LOL)
(well, it's because I still think of her as a little girl, that's all)

Now I need a Melissa story--
She's a Vet-tech by profession, a single mom doing her best every day, and apparently a great cook. 😘

But let me go back 3 spaces to the vet tech.
Most vets and vet techs love animals and usually have a few more than the average person.  Dogs, cats, perhaps a Guinea pig or two.  A rabbit, maybe?

Not my unique niece!
Oh, she has the pets alright --just not the kind you would think.
She has.... wait for it....

Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches
and
Hairless Egyptian Cats (Yes, plural)
Oh and some chickens.




Come on, don't get so creeped out. 
Someone's gotta love them, right?
And that someone is my niece, Melissa.
She's a lover of all things!




And see? Wikipedia says they actually make good pets.
See, even I am holding one. 
Or letting it be upon my hand.  
Do I look scared? Freaked out?  NO.  (well kind of)
It's just a harmless little hissing cockroach.
Who, by the way, live in rotting logs in Madagascar and don't roam your house at night. (just to be clear--they are clean and friendly)


The cats?  Poor little hairless things--they still need loving-- LOL
Actually, they're just like any cat, only they might have a bit more superiority complex. 


And the chickens, are well, just chickens.




She looks so normal!

Okay, we tease her, but we love her.  And she loves us.
And apparently a plethora of unique creatures.
They're all God's creations, right?


Again, I want you to check out all her other recipes--her complete series in the Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown, as we say so long


My friends I bring to you recipes #317 and 318.

Only 49 or 38 left to go! 
(I'm so confused now! 😂)

(Because if you remember, I counted wrong---but I'm 99% sure I only have 38 more recipes to post.)





No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...