Monday, May 13, 2024

Friday Friend recipe #354 Crock Pot Stew

 


...about 24 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an
  e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?
because one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman/Mayor, who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said "you'll never EVER do that."
Well, maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!

Which brings us to recipe #354
(ONLY FOUR MORE TO GO!!)
Someone's Crock Pot Beef Stew.

I say someone BECAUSE they didn't put their name.  I have a feeling it was either Barb or my mom.
Whoever it was, it was really good.




It's not very 'soupy"
Rich likes his stews soupy, but I like mine not soupy just brothy.








So, how do I write a story about "Anonymous"? 
What do I say?

Let me just share with you this anonymous person who keeps jumping in front of my photos!  And has for the past 47 years.
It's like he never hears,  'stop! I'm going to take a picture.'
He just keeps on going, ruining the beauty of the scenery.



For example, here on the Columbia River--a beautiful sunset and I want to capture it with the lighthouse too.
Look at him! Whoever he is!
I don't know if you can see this, but he has a camera or phone too.  His picture is probably perfect.
    BECAUSE no one is standing in front of him!


And my tree. Where the Wallowa River empties into Wallowa Lake. 
I loved this tree--and it is gone now.  Felled by a storm, it no longer stands.
Yes, I have a gazillion photos of this tree throughout the years, in all kinds of weather and seasons, but the point is--he knows I always take a picture and still gets in front of me!


Okay, we were hiking and perhaps I'll give it to him that I just couldn't keep up and needed a 'breather' but still....
(do you think he's shading his eyes looking towards our route? Like Lewis from Lewis and Clark--one of our more famous arguments was about Lewis and Clark.  No kidding!!  Or do you think he's putting his hands on his head in frustration that I am so slow?)


Again, back at the lake.
It's such a pretty place to walk and take nature photos.
BUT NO!
I get the Handyman's backside!!
I told you; he either can't hear "stop" or doesn't understand what it means. 




Okay, this one-- he didn't actually get in front of me, I was just taking pictures of the backyard and he was fixing the roof of the patio.
I thought it apropos because he is as ass for getting in front of all my photos.
(cue laughter from the crowd!!)


Back to the Lake/cabin.  I wanted to take a picture of the dear, but with Rich and the dog, it wasn't happening. 


Checking to see the last sighting of bear or mountain lions.




Okay, fun fact.
I really do know who this is.
I was going to write the love of my life (which he really is) but I hate, HATE when that is splashed all over Facebook/social media.
PDA are not for me.
We get it people--you love your spouse (sigh).  You should!
We get that they are your everything (sigh).  They should be.
We get that you can't live without them (sigh).  

Wow!  I'm reading those lines and it's kind of how I feel about him.
Who'd a thought?
Please do not tell him--he doesn't read this blog so I'm safe.
He really is a good guy,
He puts up with me, knows how weird I am and still likes me. 
He might, in his words, know me better than I know myself!
He never thought I'd do this countdown tho--I did it to spite him and I'm going to hold it over his head for a long, long time.
Now he's reduced to making dumb jokes about  "oooh, I should have challenged you to do  blah blah blah (could be a bit risqué) 🙄🙄"



Like I said, he really is a good guy,
even if he can't hear the words, stop I'm going to take a picture.



And that my friends is recipe #354!
I have 4 more to go!
I'm gonna get this done. 
I really am.

Four more!!
It's only taken me 10 years to complete.
That's 36 recipes per year--so I made an average of 3 recipes a month from the Friday Friend Cookbook.

Who are the last 4 recipe contributors?
Who have I not said "good-bye" to?
The suspense is killing you, right?!

Let's see......

(and for your viewing pleasure… More of the mayors backside 🤣)
(I could go on forever)
(but I won’t… It just seems like I did)










No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #354 Crock Pot Stew

  ...about 24 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an   e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different catego...