Saturday, March 2, 2013

Can't Leave "Em Alone Bars



  These are the most simple bars to make ever!  And good too.   
I made a pan of them yesterday,  gave a few to my son and daughter-in-law, took a few more to our friends, ate a couple, and we still have half a pan full.  So, tonight I'll take some to other friends when we go over there to eat supper, because if I didn't...I really couldn't leave them alone.
And that would not be a good thing.


Can't Leave 'Em Alone Bars
from my friend Letty Norcutt


1 box white cake mix
2 whole eggs
1/3 cups oil
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cups butter

In a bowl, combine the dry cake mix, eggs and oil.  Press 2/3 of the mixture into a greased  9x13 pan. Set the remaining mixture aside.
Combine milk, chocolate chips and butter--cook and stir until melted and smooth.  Pour the mixture of the crust.  
Drop small spoonfuls of the remaining cake mixture over the top.
Bake at  350F  for  19 minutes or until lightly browned.  
Do not over bake!  
The middle is supposed to stay soft.



5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm trying not to snack (and doing well so far) so I don't need to look at those!

Karen said...

Mmm, they look yummy!

Michelle B said...

I like the way that top looks. And, of course, the chocolate.

Trish said...

Mmm those look fantastic! I love how they're so easy, too.

Chelle B said...

These look so delicious. Yummy!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...