Sunday, March 17, 2013

Irish Coffee



Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So,the Handyman isn't a big fan of corned beef and cabbage, but Irish Coffee?
You betcha!

A disclaimer:  I don't know if Bushmills is a 'good' Irish Whiskey or not,   I just grabbed the first thing I saw that said "Irish".
The coffee was good, I do have to admit.
Flavored, not only with whiskey, but also some  creme de menthe flavored whipped cream.  Yum.




Irish Coffee
Taste of Home Test Kitchen

Divide 2 tsp. sugar and 2 oz Irish Whiskey between two mugs; stir in 2 cups hot coffee.  In a small bowl whip 1/4 cup heavy cream and 1 tsp creme de menthe until thickened.   Gently spoon onto tops of drinks allowing cream to float.
Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...