Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday Snapshot

More pictures from my walk in the Phoenix Botanical Gardens.  It was gorgeous...and the weather was perfect.

They sponsor a concert series in the spring, which I would LOVE, and some children's programs  (which I am hoping my son and his family take advantage of, since I talked them into become members of the gardens), among many, many other things.  I'm going back the next time I visit---in the fall.

We came upon sculptures by another artist (the first artist was in last week's Saturday Snaptshot)  during our walk...Philip Haas.
The Four Seasons  are four monumental, earthy and exuberant sculptures that will delight your eyes.  ( taken straight from the pamphlet ) My son Luke said he felt as if he were in the Lord of the Rings movie and they would come to life and start walking at any moment.  

I am linking up with Alyce from At Home With Books, and her Saturday Snapshot meme.











12 comments:

Irene said...

Spectacular walk.

Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate said...

Such an amazing botanical garden! I have never been to Phoenix but this has me wanting to visit soon!
Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate

bermudaonion said...

I love the sculptures - they really liven up the landscape.

Louise said...

I love the cool mix of art and nature, some of those cacti look sculptural.

Cheryl @ Tales of the Marvelous said...

Oh wow, those are fantastic, and so perfect for the setting!

Elizabeth said...

AWESOME...thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Saturday Snapshot

Kathy Walker said...

Who would have thought that the desert would have so much creativity! :-)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, those sculptures are amazing! I'm in awe at the creativity of some artists.

Michelle B said...

Those sculptures are awesome! I'd love to see something like that in person. I agree with Louise--the cacti themselves are sculptural. Very interesting to me since I've only ever seen prickly pear cactus.

Brona said...

I love that the cacti are sculptures in their own right too. Philip Haas is certainly exuberant!

Christine Harding said...

Like other people, I'm amazed at how sculptural those cacti are - and how big. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/U62WN

Alyce said...

Looks like a fabulous walk! I love looking at cacti and art - what a great combination!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...