Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday Snapshot


Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce from  At Home With Books.
It's a fun weekly meme where you get to show off your photos, old or new  (but they must be yours).  It's just a fun way to share.

So....here is what I'm sharing today.
My granddaughter was a flower girl in her Grammy's wedding in November.  (her other grandma) 
It was a  2nd wedding for both, and they didn't want anything big and elaborate.  As a personal spin, the entire wedding party consisted of their grandchildren  (there were  7 children under 4) and their 2 youngest daughters to be witnesses.

2 of those grandchildren also happen to be my grandchildren.

okay, enough back-story.

This is my granddaughter Emerson, on the right, and her cousin Hannah on the left.
We were just busy snapping pictures and when we went back and looked, we thought these were the cutest ever!
We wonder what Hannah was saying to Emmy? 
It must have been something good tho!
Isn't it adorable?  (the bad thing is that the camera was focusing on the leaves in the foreground  so  the picture of the girls is fuzzy if you try to enlarge it much)




Wait!  I can't leave Eli out of this--I said I had two grandchildren in the wedding, right?

The little groomsmen.  



My grandson Eli (the first one with his sign,  Here Comes) took his job very seriously. 
His cousins, who were both younger than him, made it down the aisle,  but the pressure of standing up there for the whole wedding was too much for them, so they gave up the wedding party and went to sit with their parents. 
Or other things....
Little Charlie gave up his groomsmen position to come see what the flower girls were doing.  

 Not so, Eli.  He stood in his spot for the entire ceremony.  This wasn't his first rodeo.  He was a ring bearer when he was 2.


Loved, loved, loved the  "family" feel of this wedding.  

One more family member before I go...
...my daughter-in-law preformed  the wedding ceremony  (She's a Methodist Minister), which was very special.

But still....look at the girls.  Checking out each other's necklaces was much more interesting than listening to the ceremony.

Oh yes, and the wedding was Skyped  to some family who couldn't be there.
(the brides parent's, the minister's  grandparents and the flower girls great-grandparents.) 
It's a new world.   (well, from when I was younger anyway)
 You can be there, even if you can't be there.  




15 comments:

Melwyk said...

Beautiful! Kids are so funny without even realizing how much we're enjoying them... nice looking wedding, and isn't Skype great for these things? Such a gift.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love the idea of the wedding with lots of kids in it...they are adorable! Love their names, too.

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Sue Jackson said...

Aw, the pics of the little girls are especially adorable! And what great idea to make their grandkids the wedding party - very nice.

FYI, your link on the Mister Linky list at Alyce's blog has an extra "l" at the end, so it doesn't work - might want to delete it and re-enter it.

Sue

Book By Book

Christine Harding said...

What gorgeous photos - and I love the way those two little girls are totally unawed by the occasion, and just carry on doing their own thing. The way they are standing, and the expressions on their faces are just wonderful. Thanks for visting mu blog.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Love the "Here Comes The Bride" signs! They are all so cute!

bermudaonion said...

Aw, your grandchildren are adorable!

Melissa O. said...

What adorable pictures of the children! It looks like it was a beautiful wedding! :-) Here's my Saturday Snapshot post!

Anonymous said...

all the children with their different facial expressions
add to the wedding celebration.
O, the pleasures of being children and adults.

I like the 'posts' in the pews.

Lmkazmierczak said...

Fantastic and funtastic♫ What a great event♥ Here's my SS: http://lore-eleven.blogspot.com/2013/02/fun-with-sundials.html

Alyce said...

Awe, they are all so sweet! I love the autumn colors!

Ginx Craft said...

What lovely photos. I love their dresses, and ribbons in their hair.

Cheryl @ Tales of the Marvelous said...

Aww, how sweet! All the children are adorable, and the little girls look like they're having such a good time!

Nise' said...

Absolutely wonderful! Love these pictures. My daughter is getting married in July and two of the nephews are going to carry Here Comes The Bride signs too.

Susan Lindquist said...

Oh my goodness, I have never seen such cuteness at a wedding! What an amazingly great idea! So often the little ones get short shrift at weddings! This is neat to have them be central to the ceremony and celebration! Love it!

Lisa said...

Lovely photos! Love the kids with the signs!

My Saturday Snapshot

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...