Saturday, March 23, 2013

Saturday Snapshot




BEST BOOK CLUB EVER!  It happened last night.  I think I say that every time my "Lit Wit's" get together.  But it always seems to be that way.

Last night, we had a interesting evening--we didn't discuss the book. (sigh)

Our book was/is  "Flight Behavior" by Barbara Kingsolver---it's just that no one finished it (except me), so we decided to discuss 2 books next month.

Once that decision was made we ate supper (it's a dinner/book club) and opened some wine, had an after dinner cocktail, talked about what other books we were  all reading,  opened another bottle of wine, talked about what books we are excited about or have heard about, had another cocktail.
It got later and later and we were having the best time.
Then for some reason my friends....my best friends...were teasing me!  I guess when I was telling them about the Botanical Gardens in Phoenix--I used body language and made like a saguaro cactus.
Here  are some of them----making like me doing a saguaro cactus.   
It couldn't have had anything to do with the wine, could it?
(I love these people!)  (even if they were giving me a bad time)

PS  It really was the Best Book club night ever!!

I am linking to Saturday Snapshot, a meme hosted by Alyce from At Home With Books.



To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.

6 comments:

Brona said...

I moved a few years ago and haven't found a bookclub to replace the one I left behind. Your pics are reminding me of what I missing out on!

bermudaonion said...

It looks like y'all were having so much fun! Now, we need a picture of you making like a cactus.

Susan Lindquist said...

Looks like my kinda party! It's always fun to get together with girlfriends and chill out with some chatter and some dinner and drinks!

Louise said...

Your bookclub ladies certainly look fun. I'd love to join a f2f bookgroup and make like a cactus one day too.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Fun, fun, fun! I love getting together with friends and talking books.

Christine Harding said...

It looks like you all had a fun time. No Snapshot from me this week, because I only got back from Mum's yesterday, but I like to see what everyone is doing!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...