Tuesday, September 19, 2017

First chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros



Today is Tuesday--- which means I'll be joining up with Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea and her 
First Chapter, First Paragraph
Tuesday Intros.
Where,  bloggers post the first paragraph of a book they are thinking of reading --- and get everyone's opinion to see if it grabbed them from the beginning or not.



My Paragraph:

His fingers slithered like a snake to find hers.  She opened her palm and accepted them.  There was something about the commanding way he reached for her.  It felt like a statement.
You are mine.

What do you think?  Should I keep on reading?


I will keep reading as I've heard good things about it.  I do have to say tho, that if I knew nothing--that first paragraph sounds like this would be a romance novel (nothing wrong with that) but it's a mystery/thriller.
I'm anxious to find out.

Here is what Goodreads says about it:
Elementary school teacher Jacqueline “Jacks” Morales’s marriage was far from perfect, but even in its ups and downs it was predictable, familiar. Or at least she thought it was…until two police officers showed up at her door with devastating news. Her husband of eight years, the one who should have been on a business trip to Kansas, had suffered a fatal car accident in Hawaii. And he wasn’t alone.

For Jacks, laying her husband to rest was hard. But it was even harder to think that his final moments belonged to another woman—one who had left behind her own grieving and bewildered fiancé. Nick, just as blindsided by the affair, wants answers. So he suggests that he and Jacks search for the truth together, retracing the doomed lovers’ last days in paradise.

Now, following the twisting path of that fateful road, Jacks is learning that nothing is ever as it seems. Not her marriage. Not her husband. And most certainly not his death…


4 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I didn't get the romance vibe from the opening like you did. It's the comparison to the snake that had me cringing. LOL I have heard great things about this one. Ti would definitely keep reading. Thanks for sharing!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

It felt slightly creepy but, I'd give it a try LOL Hope you are enjoying it.

Margot said...

I was also thinking romance novel, but it could easily merge into serial-killer territory. Hope its a good one.

Stefanie said...

I love how you're participating in book memes now. It's definitely intriguing.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...