Monday, September 25, 2017

It's Monday




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile!



I read all the books I said I was going to last week, plus this!


It's a hot item right now, as everyone who reads her blog and belongs to her book club is reading it.
I do have to say I liked it--it was interesting and now I'm trying to decide who, what the Handyman and I are. 
😊

This week, I'll be doing some reading for my 
R.I.P  Challenge.
It's that time of year!  Fall-ish, creepyish, ghoulish.
I don't like flat out horror books, so I tend to stay with creepy and gothic and.... well, there is this one fantasy series, that's so off the wall, (but I love it) I consider it to be included in the challenge.
It's category is "para-normal' so that's kind of in the creepy group, right?
It's just a really fun read.

Changeling Vaughn D'Angelo can take the form of either man or jaguar,


And also

On the morning of August 4, 1892, Lizzie Borden calls out to her maid: Someone’s killed Father. The brutal ax-murder of Andrew and Abby Borden in their home in Fall River, Massachusetts, leaves little evidence and many unanswered questions. While neighbors struggle to understand why anyone would want to harm the respected Bordens, those close to the family have a different tale to tell—of a father with an explosive temper; a spiteful stepmother; and two spinster sisters, with a bond even stronger than blood, desperate for their independence.

What are you reading this week?








3 comments:

Girl Who Reads said...

I don't read horror either, but I have a few paranormal cozy mystery series I read so I might read one of them for Halloween. Girl Who Reads

Stefanie said...

This is some variety. You mentioned gothic which reminded me of a series I had read in 2014 - The Fairwick Chronicles. It probably reads more toward fantasy/paranormal romance but I think it had a little goth in it. One other series I love and own on my Kindle is The All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. I tell everyone it's like an adult, intellectual Twilight.
I'm reading a modern day romance. It's okay and light reading. I have to start soon my book club read for November.

Katherine P said...

I have Reading People on my TBR. I'm not a member of the book club but I love her podcast. I'm curious to see what I am too! See What I Have Done is now going on my TBR. I had no idea it was a Lizzie Borden book.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...