Monday, September 11, 2017

Friday Friend Recipe #162 --Cheesy Bacon Quiche


My Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown #162!
(#willreallyfinishthissomeday)

Barb's Cheesy Bacon Quiche

and you know all the whys and wherefores of this countdown, right? Homemade cookbook, friends contributed, Handyman said I couldn't/wouldn't do it, I'll show him, yadda yadda yadda....
...and the rest is cookbook history!



This is one of my favorite quiches.  It's easy and delicious --a great recipe to make when you have company or a brunch.




Cheesy Bacon Quiche
Barbara Brown
Buckeye, AZ

1 1/4 cup Bisquick
1/4 cup softened butter
2 T. Boiling water
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 pkg (6oz) sliced Canadian Bacon (chopped)
4 green onions, sliced
1 1/2 cups half & half
3 eggs
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. ground red pepper (cayenne)

Heat oven to 400F.  Grease 9" pie plate.  Blend Bisquick and butter. Add water, stir till soft dough forms.  Press on bottom and up sides of pan, forming an edge on rim of pie plate.
Sprinkle cheese, bacon and onion over crust.  Beat half & half, eggs, salt and pepper. Pour into crust.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.




If you recall--we last left off with the first part of our Football league story, in Barb's story....
it ended with this:
a strange 'ransom-ish' note we think was sent from Barb's son Mike. 
(who by the way, when  recently shown a photo of this old ransom-ish note said, "whoever sent that is a creative genius!  He did not confess!)

Let me just interrupt for a moment and say if you don't know what this is all about, you
MUST CLICK HERE to read part 1.
Or else it will make no sense.

And I can't believe I saved all this stuff!!


2nd season of the BDDRML league gave us this....



Letters like this started arriving in our mail box, addressed to our 15 year old son one week, to either the Handyman or me the next.  CC'd to everybody else in the league and addressed to the commissioner!

This one below was to our son Luke.....


It said:


Which prompted Barb to send a fax to the Handyman
(they both managed JCPenney stores at the time)


Which prompted the Handyman to contact his attorney Simon Schmuck, who countered with his own letter representing the Rottons, sent to the BDDRML league.



And this---THIS is how we spent our leisure time with our friends the Browns!
part 3 coming soon.
******

The creative genius!


The creative genius is also camera shy and this is the best I can do---this photo from 1999 with his family.
Mike, our good friend and cookbook publisher/original typist, Barb, Doug and Kim.
I will work on the photo dilemma soon.


And to close -- I just wanted everyone to see that Doug sent an envelope addressed to me THE SIREN!
(???)


This is recipe #162
132 left to go!

PS  oh...this is a cookbook countdown!  Not a football league recap.  sorry!  The quiche is really good. Give it a try!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

You had me at cheese and bacon!

You and your friends crack me up!!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...