Sunday, September 10, 2017

The CCB (coffee, conversation and books) club-- He Said/She Said




This is my 'non' book review.
And if you haven't read it but want to, you probably shouldn't read further.  NOT that I'm giving an in-depth review with spoilers--this will just be a few sentences--but I'll ruin something for you.

My opinion below was the consensus of the whole book group. 
Here we are--having coffee on Saturday morning. 



Even the newest member Penelope  (Robin's granddaughter) agreed!


I gave it four stars.  Sometimes Goodreads ratings are hard for me tho---I feel it was a solid 3.7, not really quite a 4.
For the first part of the book, I was thinking it was only so-so, but the ending took me by surprise.
Total surprise!  And then I thought, WOW, what a great job the author did.
And as I mentioned, that was the thought of the CCB Bookclub.  It was interesting that three of my friends (CCB friends pictured above) had gone to see the big eclipse last month.  They were all in agreement that it was AMAZING to see in person and would become eclipse chasers if at all possible.  If we are still a bookclub in 2024, we might make a book club trip to Texas. 
I failed to mention that Total Eclipse was a major theme of the book, but it was,  so discussing it (it was pretty close to us, so we saw 89% totality) lots of fun.


From Goodreads
In the hushed aftermath of a total eclipse, Laura witnesses a brutal attack. She and her boyfriend Kit call the police, and in that moment, it is not only the victim's life that is changed forever. Fifteen years on, Laura and Kit live in fear, and while Laura knows she was right to speak out, the events that follow have taught her that you can never see the whole picture: something, and someone, is always in the dark.

So, I didn't really spoil it, but sometimes I hate when someone says to me--oh the ending!! You'll be so surprised.  Cuz then I won't want to read it.

Happy Sunday!



2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

We were in totality and now some of my friends want to chase the next eclipse. We might have to check this book out.

Katherine P said...

I only lightly skimmed because I do want to read this one and am glad you enjoyed it. I love the group picture of your book club! What fun!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...