Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lamb Chops with gorgonzola butter sauce

The problem with being way behind both in my blogging life AND technology, means that I am having trouble with "Blogger". I am hoping it is just me and that I need some "reminders". Last night I couldn't "cut and paste" in a blog that I was writing. Today I can't move pictures around, but I can cut and paste  (hooray!)
I just want things to be easy in my blogging life.
I loved everyone's comments about "putting up".  I didn't actually get anything "put up" this fall, but I do have some pickles from my mom and sister-in-law, and some apple butter from a friend.
 
Speaking of friends, our Friday Nights, if we are not busy, are spent with our friends, the Miltons.  So, actually, the Handyman and I are busy every Friday night.  It started years ago, and has become a tradition.  If neither the Miltons or us have other plans we get together for supper.   Robbie and I like to try different recipes --our husbands like meat and potatoes--we are trying to broaden their lives with good food.
 
This is one meal, I made over the summer, and everyone loved it.
Lamb Chops  (I guess the men, do have a broader palate than some, as not everyone likes lamb) with Gorganzola Butter.  (not everyone likes gorganzola either)
I found this recipe at  "What's Cooking America"    (click on the  link for the entire recipe).
 
What to pick up at the market:
for the chops
extra virgin olive oil  ( 1/2 cup)
chopped shallots  (1/4 cup)
minced garlic (2 Tblsp)
finely chopped rosemary, (4 tsp fresh)
coarse salt and coarsely ground pepper
rack of lamb cut into 8 double chops (2 1/2 pounds)
 
for the gorgonzola butter
butter  ( 1/2 cup)
minced shallot  (2 tsp)
minced garlic  (1 tsp)
gorgonzola cheese  (2 oz)
extra virgin olive oil (2 Tblsp)
freshly squeezed lemon juice  (1 Tblsp)
 
The Gorgonzola butter actually becomes a sauce, that is spooned over the chops.
You grill the chops and melt the butter ingredients together and then plate them up.
Here are my pictures....  in no particular order, because I can't seem to move them around  ( I also can't find spellcheck on this new blogger look....am I just going crazy?  I know that I haven't blogged in a while. These changes are probably old to you)
 
A platter full of grilled lamb chops with the gorgonzola butter sauce








My dinner plate.



A better pic of the platter of chops





One must marinate the chops before grilling them.... (I told you, they were in no particular order.  LOL )




I had also made bruschetta from tomatoes in my garden.




Cherry tomatoes.  And I toasted some bread with garlic olive oil.



Well, I guess the tomatoes weren't from my garden!   It was August when I made this meal.
It was a great meal tho.... I suggest you go the link to find out how to make it.  It was very company worthy.
(messy kitchen---Friday night after work--trying to make a "company" meal.)





7 comments:

Karen said...

LOL When I posted a few days ago (after a month's absence) I couldn't get my pictures to be in the right place, either! Sheesh. I just started all over. I *love* lamb and I *love* gorgonzola, so I'm sure I would *love* this meal. I *love* that you and the Milton's get together every Friday... such a nice tradition. Ok, I think I'm finished *loving* things now. Ha.

Heather S-G said...

Hi Debbie! So good to see you :) Well, I (for 2) LOVE gorgonzola and lamb, so this is one gorgeous dinner. Yum!

teresa said...

oh yummy! i'm digging that gorgonzola!

Cathy said...

Love the marinade for the chops, and that gorgonzola butter!!! Fantastic. What a great tradition to get together with friends on Friday nights.

Michelle B said...

Debbie-I'm glad to see you posting. There's an award for you on my blog! By the way, my husband loves your Pepper Special sandwiches.

Katy ~ said...

A fabulous combination fit for company. Delicious!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What an extraordinary marinade. This looks and sounds delicious. What time is dinner?

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...