Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm not worthy

I just wanted to share a little bit....
This is my favorite Sister in law  (one of them, anyway),  Meghan.
She is making the Jalapeno Poppers that I made for New Years Eve.  (which I got out of the PW's cookbook).

She said I could use the pic.....but just let everyone know she only uses those gloves for cooking.
And then, she said this:
you may have new fans on your blog page, as I told them to go there for that recipe and other greats...

OMG...I am  embarrassed, because she can out-cook me anytime.  She can cook me under the table. She can "up" me one, on any meal.    She is a great cook...she is the "family" cook!  She is the one we all take advantage of for any party, anniversary, or holiday.
She makes recipes her own, while I just follow along and make what everyone else is.
See what she did to the poppers?
I tweeked a little and used a little ricotta and quattro formaggio for filling as I am not a huge cream cheese fan, and it was still very good

I am not creative enough to do that. I just like to cook and take pictures and blab about myself.

Anyway....may I present my sister-in-law, the BEST cook in the family......
Meghan.

she said:
look at the yellow package (behind my wine glass) WRAPPLES...Devin made carmel apples (check stove behind me) ...it was Kitty's birthday.


Devin is my 7-year old niece.  And Kitty is the cat, whom....well they refuse to believe they own a cat, but I've known kitty for quite a few years.  Kitty is well-fed, well taken care of....but Kitty is a free an idependant soul, who showed up at their house a few years ago and they are all under the false impression  that Kitty is not theirs.
I love that  Devin made carmeled apples for Kitty's birthday!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Haha... cute that Meghan made caramel apples for Kitty. I disagree with you - I think you're a wonderful cook and very creative! And I like that you blab about yourself (LOL) You write very interesting blog posts!

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...