Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Snapshot

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

Last week I was surprised by my family with a  get-together (at my house).  So I had some of my grandkids together.  (all the 2 year olds)  It was fun to watch them play together.
I have to say tho....that one forgets things.   (That would be me)

I had been working on making one of the spare bedrooms  a kids room, and I had bought a plastic, over the door shoe rack  (the kind with pouches for the shoes)  and I hung it on the wall and organized  crayons, fat in one, thin in another,  markers in one, colored pencils, scissors,  paint, paint brushes,  glue sticks....all in their own little pouches, to be taken out one at a time when used on the new color books and construction paper I had also purchased.
I was so excited and proud of myself for having such a neat way to organize the craft projects  (I found it on pinterest)....silly me.

3  2 1/2 year olds.    Three   two and a half year olds.

yeah, about that  crayon organizer?  It was empty in less than 2 minutes.   All the crayons, pencils, markers etc in a Lego bucket being brought down the stairs.  Crayons held in little hands just itching to draw on the walls,  scissors  hankering  to get into a cousins hair,  watercolor paints aiming for  the kitchen cabinets.  
You get the picture. 

We had to gather all the supplies and  put them out of reach.  We were not popular for a while.

But then.....Granddad  ( you know him as the Handyman) took them outside and all was forgiven.   And once in the garage,  their gambling addiction took over and the bells and whistles of our slot machine held their interest.  (its their favorite thing ever).

We had the best time.

I am linking up to Saturday Snapshot, hosted by  Alyce from  At Home with  Books.  Stop by her Blog and she will fill you in on all the details. 






12 comments:

Trish said...

What a lot of fun that must have been!

Kaye said...

Sounds like a lot of fun to me! Can I come over and play if I promise to take out things "one at a time"?

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Someone is having a lot of fun -- very cute.

Karen said...

Ha... yup, how soon we forget! Cute pics :)

Cathy said...

Your photos put a huge smile on my face!

Eva @View from the Hillside said...

Looks like a great day, but I bet you were exhausted after :-)

Lisa said...

What little cuties!

Alyce said...

Slot machines are definitely good for holding attention! :)

sim@chapter1-take1 said...

Oh Kids will be kids won't they? So funny that you were so proud of your organizational efforts. Love that! I enjoyed stopping by - I found you via Alyce's Saturday Snapshot and I see she's posted right ahead of me!

Wrighty said...

Ah, good intentions! Kids don't seem to care about that though do they? :)

Your grandchildren are so adorable and the photos are wonderful! I agree that your house sounds like a lot of fun!

Susan Lindquist said...

Haha! What a fun day! So much for the organization though! Two and a half year olds and organization = oxymoron! Ah, but what loveable little hummingbirds!

Cipriano said...

Ahhh, but the perils of gambling at an early age!
Not to worry though, the other pics show that they are not fully ruined yet! True addicts NEVER leave the machines to just run around and frolic!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...