Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday Snapshot

Today is Saturday and that means Snapshots!    Saturday Snapshot is hosted  by Alyce from  "At Home With Books".  It's always a fun site to stop by and add your photo or see what everyone else is up to.

My official Saturday Snapshot is from this past 4th of July...just last Wednesday.   My friend  Theresa telling  Shelly and I,  that we too, could do this cool party plate!



What she really said  (after we said we could never do that) was,  "seriously?  You're telling me that you couldn't punch a hole in a paper plate and tie a ribbon through it?




We said no.  
~smiles~   No one has as nice a party as she does.   (she found the idea on Pinterest---but no, Shelly and I don't do crafts. )

And that is the official Saturday  Snapshot.

Here are others from the day....
First we went to the park.  We were very early, but they had booths we games, crafts, food and politicians!  And the community choir.





Then to our friends for the BBQ



where we stole some cherries from the neighbors






ate good food  






and played a 'washer' tournament. 






a very fun Independance day!  (we could see the fireworks from their front yard)

12 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Everything but the politicians sounds good!

Alyce said...

Looks like fun was had by all! How do you play a washer tournament?

And I totally understand about the crafty thing - I am not crafty either. They had a volunteer list for my son's play and I'm sure they thought I was just opting out, but I seriously was not qualified to do anything on the list (costumes, set work, etc.).

Cheryl @ Tales of the Marvelous said...

That's a fun craft--and practical! I feel like I always forget some item of cutlery when I'm at a party buffet.

Karen said...

Cute idea to keep the forks close without having to carry it. Looks like you had a great day!

Kailana said...

hm, I must have entered the word verification wrong... It looks like a lot of fun! And wonderful crafts. I am not crafty at all.

Eugenia O'Neal said...

What's a day in the park without politicans? When it's election time, they're everywhere!

Looks like everyone had a great time at the party!

Nise' said...

It does look like so much fun and the food, yummy. Love the stealing of the cherries!

Bev Hankins said...

Looks like a lot of fun! (I'm not sure you should have put the cherry-stealing evidence on the web though. Lol.)

Here's my Snapshot.

Christine Harding said...

Looks like an amazing day, and the ribbon/fork/plate is such a good idea, and so simple. My Snapshots are at http://chriscross-thebooktrunk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/parisian-pictures-take-two.html

Kaye said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. The plates are pretty but . . . .

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Looks like a fun time. Very festive as well.

Trish said...

Haha crafty people always make it sound so easy and matter-of-fact, don't they? I'm not very crafty at all myself, so.

Looks like a good time was had by all :)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...