Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Banana Bars




I wasn't kidding ( a few days ago when I said I was going to post about them)--here are Banana Bars!
A quick recipe from  my friend April.

She's the one we went on the boat with last summer.
She's the one who has the movie nights in her back yard each summer
She's the one who we went out in the desert with in May.  (oops never blogged about this)
She's the one who threw a great red-necked cocktail party at my 52nd birthday at Wallowa Lake.

Holy cow!  She's the one!!  Too bad I already have the Handyman.

If you like banana bread, banana cake, banana pudding (mmmmm....) you will like these little banana snack bars.  You can't really go wrong with banana flavored anything.
And these are really easy and quick. 



Banana Bars

Cream together:
1/2 cup soft butter
2 cups sugar

Add to sugar mixture and blend well:
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas

Sift together  and add to batter.  Mix well:
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt

Pour into a greased  15x10x1 baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes at  350 degrees.  Let cool and frost.

Beat together until creamy:
1/2 cup softened butter
8 oz cream cheese

Mix into cream cheese and butter. Blend well. Frost bars:
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

2 comments:

Tina said...

That’s a good friend to have, one who does so many cool things with you. And those banana bars are already making me hungry. I sent it to Twitter land too :-)

Hey, whatcha been reading lately? I am ¾ down with Feats for Crows by George Martin.

Karen said...

Bet these would go really fast at a get-together. Looks good!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...