Monday, April 14, 2014

It's Monday


I have so much to say because I've been missing in action for a month, but for now I'm just going to do a  MONDAY post---then I'll catch up in another post. (to be honest it was hard to  know how to begin... It's like apologizing,  how to begin?)  BUT, for now,  what am I reading?





It's Monday,  What are you Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  A fun place to pop into every Monday to see what is on everyone's reading list.
I find my best books from these people who participate!

I just (this morning with my coffee, in fact) finished "The Reading Promise" by Alice Ozma.



It was amazing for me because, it's a memoir about growing up, coming of age, and most of all, reading aloud with a child! While I've always loved the idea of bedtime stories...and sharing books with my own kids and grandchildren, Alice Ozma renewed my passion for this! I loved her stories about her relationship with her father and I loved the books they shared. I want to do a reading streak of my own! Now...how to work that into a streak when my grandchildren all live away? There must be a way.
 Great Book!

When I got to work this morning, I had a package waiting for me and in it was:
The Read-Aloud Handbook, 7th edition


I am in heaven!  I loved reading to my kids---and I love reading to my grandchildren.  I love reading aloud, and this book just reinforces how important it is.
Of course, I was seduced into reading aloud to my kids when I read Trelease's 2nd edition and saw him in person some years ago. 
I have bought every edition since.
This edition only received 5 stars on Goodreads!!

I've been reading about reading!

Nerd alert!!

1 comment:

Susan Lindquist said...

There you are! I'm reading Ordinary Grace, William Kent Krueger's newest book ... a bit of mystery, a bit of coming of age story, a bit of spirituality ... a pretty good read!

Glad to see you back at the posts! Happy Monday!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...