Friday, April 18, 2014

That's my story!

I am 54 years old.  My husband is out of town for 2 weeks for work.   I live in a small town.

All facts.

Last night I ran home from work at 5, and dyed my hair.  A nice  medium reddish brown.  I have been meaning to do this for quite sometime (a couple of weeks) but just couldn't find the time---well, it was getting quite obvious that I was NOT a natural medium reddish brown (or sometimes a nice maple ), and again I am leaving town, so it was last night or never!

Church began at  7pm.  It was our Holy Thursday service (Or Maundy Thursday)--a service of shadows.  It was so beautiful!!  


It seems that while dying my hair, reddish brown,  a bit of dye got on my neck.  I didn't notice until I got out of the shower and was drying my hair.  Of course, by this time, it's too late---it was on there good.  It looked like a hickey.

(sigh)

I am 54 years old.  My husband is out of town.  I live in a small town.

And now....my church friends think I have a hickey on my neck.

Great.

Really, tho, it's HAIR DYE!  

That's my story!  And I'm sticking to it!

And this afternoon, I'm on my way to visit the Handyman.  Hopefully, he'll believe me.  He can just look at my roots and compare the color.   ~grins~

*************************

Last night on my way to church, the clouds looked like this:
(I was in the same spot when I took these pics.  I just turned a bit to get the other mountain.  Weird how it can look so different)

After church, there was a glorious thunder and lightning storm, which I LOVE!!  We don't get them often.  It was 'heaven sent' 
I grabbed some Chinese take-out and went home and opened my back door, and just listened.   
So beautiful!




4 comments:

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Cute story.....Have a great weekend!

bermudaonion said...

Uh huh, that's what they all say. lol

Come spend the summer with us if you like thunderstorms.

Susan Lindquist said...

LOL! You are a character! Your post reminded me of that Bonnie Raitt song 'Let's Give'Em Somethin' to Talk About' ... a little mystery to figure out! Haha!

Karen said...

Hahaha!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...