Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Hurricanes (or bookclub)


What happens in book club stays in book club!

Unless you go to book club with me.





August's Lit Wit book club was fun- as  always.

I have a confession tho,  I did not read this book. 
 I've been having a bit of a reading slump lately.  Just kind of not into it, but that's enough about me,
most of my group, my wonderful, wonderful book club group enjoyed the book.
They did not love the book, but they enjoyed it.

See?  Here they are below---enjoying the book.




and here they are from the other side of the table---enjoying the book.
Or at least enjoying each other.
(That's all I have for the book.  I didn't read it, how can I review it?)

It was a great evening.
Let me tell you about it.




Our host Shauna, on the left, is a wonderful, gracious host. 
She made a couple of wonderful quiches--that were to die for!
And cheese cake for dessert that was YUMMY!
Shauna also loves a good theme, so when our book title said "Hurricane", she thought, why not?
She whipped up some authentic Hurricane glasses and made us some  authentic Hurricanes.



Look at this beautiful drink!

Look at this beautiful drink!

Look at this beautiful drink!





It was a beautiful, deadly drink.
Hidden inside was way too much rum. 
But, we really couldn't taste it.
Before we knew it --- we were a but tipsy. And we had all only had one.
We were out of rum.

Thankfully, we live only a couple of blocks away.
I texted this to the Handyman




You might be thinking "wow, how embarrassing"     "she should be ashamed".
Well.... I am not embarrassed.  I think it's rather funny and to be fair, I didn't have my glasses on.
When we realized we were out of rum, I asked the Handyman to bring some down.
Then, when I realized how tipsy we were, I was trying to make sure everyone had a ride home.
Translated?
bring down rum
Can you be available to take people home later
Do you think I'm hot?  
(it was my husband, we've been married 36 years, he better!)
(but then again, the hotness could just be menopause)

Please do not notice that it was only  8:20 when this took place.
Book club started at 7pm.
We are more than lightweights--we are feather weights!

I should be embarrassed that I can get so tipsy on one little drink.
That is the embarrassing part!!

As I said, Shauna is a great hostess.
It was a beautiful night.
Good food.
Good friends.
And I'm sure there was some great book discussion in there too.

I love these girls!

We never did have more than the one drink.
We might be silly when we get together for book club, but we are not stupid.

I love these girls.
(i think i said that)

Here are a few pictures I snapped that night, on my phone:
(I am laughing to myself as it looks like Massey jumped into every photo that evening)














The only tipsy photo I got....we decided to do the book club 'wave'.





2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

My book club is so dull compared to yours! I laughed when I read the texts but I love that The Handyman was ready to take people home!

Tina said...

Oh my, I want to join your fun book club sooooo much!!! We are talking about where we would like to retire and I may need to add your town to the list.

Love that drink. It's beautiful. Do you have room for one more person in that book club?

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...