Sunday, September 28, 2014

Friday Friend Recipe #25 -- Taco Soup


Sunday Soup

Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time!

Friday Friend cookbook:   I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends.  At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions,  exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts,  had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND,  we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
Which brings me to this... recipe #25

Shelly Noble's 
Taco Soup.



The Handyman and I love a good bowl of soup!  And this one is souper easy. And souper good!
Shelly turned in a simple Crock-pot recipe because she says  she likes easy things.
I love to use my crockpot and come home to a house filled with great aromas.
That's just what you do with this soup.
Fix it in the morning, leave for the day  (or stay home and read a book), eat in the evening.




Taco Soup
by FF Shelly Noble

1 lb. hamburger, browned with 1 cup chopped onion (drain off fat)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 14oz can chopped tomatoes
1 29oz can pinto beans
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 cup picante sauce/salsa
1/2 t. chili powder
1 17oz can of corn, drained

Cook on low all day in crockpot.  Serve with cheese, sour cream, and/or chips.  Can mix and match beans---whatever kind you like.




And now,  Friday Friend Shelly Noble!

Shelly says that she is not a 'cook', but she is and she's  turned in many recipes for the Friday Friend Cookbook.
So stay tuned for many pictures of her--like this one of Shelly and her husband Lorin.

All dressed up.

They were the rednecks as was their dog, Sierra.  
It was hysterical.

We had a celebration at Wallowa Lake a few years ago.
A Friday Friend celebration.
And one night we had a traveling cocktail party.
Their cabin was the Redneck cabin.
(there was Pirate cabin, beer cabin, wallow lake wallbanger cabin, Mexican cabin and the elf cabin.  I should really blog about this traveling cocktail party sometime)
(just because the Friday Friends did such a good 'theme' job and had such a good time)

They did a good job!

(along with April and Doug---together, they were the Rednecks!)
They served us pork rinds and cheeseballs.
No disrespect to rednecks was intended in the writing of this post.  LOL  (I can't help it---I have to write that)

Woo hoo Rednecks!


Lorin and Shelly.






Doug, April, Shelly, Lorin and  Sierra Dog
Starring as:  The Rednecks.

I am going to link up to 
at

what is Souper Sundays?
Well...taken straight from the horses--I mean blogger's---mouth:
What is "Souper Sundays"?: 
Souper Sundays is a weekly blog event that started because of my love of soup and a desire to work through the many soup and soup-like recipes in my cookbooks and magazines, I set a goal to make a soup or "soupish" dish each week and post it each Sunday and invited others to do the same. I do a round up of all the participants each week on Sunday afternoon (Hawaii time!) with a description of their entry and link back to each participant's blog and their post






3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Soup is the best part of winter and that one looks so easy!

Unknown said...

That recipe is one of our family favorites...and our trip to Wallowa Lake with good friends along with our transformation into our alter-egos "the rednecks" is a favorite memory!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I love a good and easy slow cooker recipe--this one looks very satisfying. And, the fact that it comes from a good friend (from a fun group too) makes it all the better. ;-)

Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week. I am enjoying having you back.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...