Monday, July 27, 2015

Friday Friend recipe #62-- Barb's Beans


Friday Friend Recipe #62: Barb's Beans

Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.

I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said, "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him! Maybe I will.

Which brings me to this... recipe #62


Barb's
Barb's Beans


I had no idea we liked beans so much in this family. 
Well... that's still out for discussion, because none of my children love a bean side-dish.
Apparently tho, beans in the summer time ARE the side-dish to be.
BBQ Beans, Baked Beans, Pork and Beans!
You name it, they are all in the Friday Friend Cookbook.
And  soon all will have been made and blogged about. 


This is a good baked bean recipe!
Here is the recipe below...in Barb's own words.



And now--for her story.
(I just told the Handyman that I am going to run out of Barb stories and pictures soon-- he said  to just start repeating myself.  My kids said I was good at that.)
(ahhh--those funny jokesters!)

This is not a repeat tho.

11 years ago, the Handyman's brother and sister got married.
(not to each other silly)
They had a double wedding in their parents backyard.
It was great... they had a Hawaiian theme and it was tons of fun, simple, great wedding(s).
It was really how wedding should be.  Instead of throwing rice or birdseed at the couples, we used small squirt guns to squirt them.

I am meandering.
Back to the point.
Barb loves Rich's (that would be the Handyman to you ) family so much and they loved her too, that after so many years,( of listening to her say she wished she was part of this family) they adopted her.
They really had a (fake) ceremony and she has a (fake) adoption certificate to prove it.

So here are a few pics of Barb from the wedding of Rich's brother and sister.
( my scanner is broke...I have no qualms about taking pictures of pictures.  I'm okay with non-perfection ) 

Water balloons must have been a part of the reception.
A scary part from the look on Barb's face!



And because I am okay with non-perfection....
I am not retaking this photo (of a photo).
I guess I just a laid it on top of a recipe. 

But this is a photo of Rich (Handyman)  and his siblings.
(he has many more siblings, but these are the ones that grew up in the same house as he)

A sibling photo is always nice for the parents.

(The Handyman is on the end, posing with his hand on his hip.)


(and they don't all have creepy legs--- I must have also laid a photo on top of a photo)

But dang it--they forgot Barb!
She does have an adoption certificate after all!
Family is Family.


She's made some good ones.
Mushrooms Monterey
Oven Fried Zucchini
Seven Layer Salad
Doug's Margarita
and more!




1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Try saying Barb's Beans 5 times fast. I'm not a big bean person but have made some similar to this.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...