Thursday, August 10, 2017

Friday Friend Recipe #151 - Nicole's Chocolate Cookies



Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 18 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.

Which brings me to this... recipe #151

Nicole's
Chocolate Cookies




I had a helper the day I made the cookies.  My grandson, Camron.  He was setting up the photo shoot!



If you love a good chocolate cookie chock full with nuts -- you can't beat this one.  
It's one step beyond chocolate chip---it's a chocolate, chocolatey, chocolate chip cookie.
It's a little bit crispy and a little bit chewy and a lot chocolatey. 
Grab a glass of cold milk or a cup of hot tea or coffee and sit back and enjoy and  handful of these!






And now---let me introduce to you a new Friday Friend!
Nicole.
As I mentioned, even after 150 recipes I still have a couple friends to make their appearance, and Nicole is one of them.
She is in the 'low' group of recipe contributors.
I've known Nicole for over 20 years--in fact I taught her son Dain, in pre-school about 17 years ago. He choked on a lifesaver while we were visiting one class was over. It was very scary.  She looked to me to save his life -- now yes, I had had to pass a CPR course, but when your friends son can't breath because a hard candy is stuck in his throat, you kind of panic.  
I picked him up and luckily it dislodged right away, but I kept thinking--there is a hole in the middle of the candy, won't air be able to get thru?  How ironic to choke on a lifesaver!
All was well in the end tho--Dain is now 21 years old and going to college in Utah.
The mother of 5 kids--Nicole also teaches writing at the local college and is the PR person for our hospital.
(she exhausts me---because while I do love to be lazy--that's not really a word she understands)
One of the many things she does is  organizes a monthly informational luncheon at the hospital--it's called A Healthy you, and have different speakers come talk while they feed you.  Last month, they had Miss Elko County come talk about her platform: SUN SAFETY NOW.
Here is Nicole doing her duty, introducing Miss Elko County...





It was a very informative talk, which conclude with the hospital giving Miss Elko County a gift as a token of their appreciation. 


And that is Nicole's story!   Her first (but not her last) time in the Cookbook countdown!

That is recipe #151 done!
143 left to go!





1 comment:

Tina said...

Scary story about her son chocking but it sure turned out well. Love the cookies!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...