Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Friday Friend Recipe #155 -- Apple Cinnamon Cookies




My Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown #155!
(#willreallyfinishthissomeday)

Ashley's Apple Cinnamon Cookies

and you know all the whys and wherefores of this countdown, right? Homemade cookbook, friends contributed, Handyman said I couldn't/wouldn't do it, I'll show him, yadda yadda yadda....
...and the rest is cookbook history!



Because cookies and books go together like bread and butter, salt and pepper....warm cookies, books, rainy day, soft chair!
And these are SO GOOD!  That's why I staged some books in the photo.
I was hesitant to make these--I'm not sure why--I think it was the dried apples. But I LOVED these cookies.  Little hand held apple cookies that tasted heavenly!  
Similar to a Snickerdoodle, but with soft apples in every bite.
Yum!









As the FF cookbook countdown continues on,  I am running out of photos and stories about people. Especially those who have moved away as Ashley has done.
Do we keep in contact?  Yes, but pictures are getting fewer and fewer. She doesn't even have a Facebook account where I can steal photos, so I am reduced to finding her sweet face in old  candid photos  taken during  my son's high school graduation party.  
Um... he is 37 now.

Family and friends came from all over of course.
And apparently Ashley thinks we are rather funny -- cuz she's laughing in all the photos!
She is in the orange top.  I've tried to identify her with my high technical skills (couldn't figure out how to do an arrow).

This picture is of my mother-in-law and father-in-law.  He is holding his face in  his hand. The joke must have been on him is all I can think of!
On the right hand side in the back is our very first cookbook typist and editor, Barbara Brown!
On the left is Ashley.




Inside my house  (which doesn't look anything like this anymore), we have Kent Maher getting his hamburger ready and Ash laughing at something that someone, who shall forever remain a mystery, said.



And then Ashley in my garage. Where we had set up ping-pong tables.  Of course you can't see that, you can only see the countless beer bottles in the background (the Handyman saves them, cleans and sterilizes them  to put his homemade beer in). And Peggy who  also has a hamburger at the ready!   (Peggy entered one recipe in the FF Cookbook Countdown, so she'll be coming up in the next 135!)


And finally, Ashley, by herself. 





Once, a long time ago, Ashley made me a cookie cookbook/folder, in which she and her mom and sister made about 22 different types of cookies for the holiday and typed up every recipe on holiday paper.  Ashley brought me a big plate of all the assorted cookies with the recipe folder.  I still have it.  These Apple Cinnamon cookies are in it, as well as the Friday Friend Cookbook.
They are so good, they deserve a place in both!

And that, my friends, is recipe #155.
Only 139 left to go!


No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...