Sunday, June 12, 2022

Friday friend recipe number 307– my posole

 



My Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown #307


My Posole

and you know all the whys and wherefores of this countdown, right? Homemade cookbook, friends contributed, Handyman said I couldn't/wouldn't do it, I'll show him, yadda yadda yadda....

...and the rest is cookbook history!

Just remember, the countdown is not all about pretty food and food design---it's about the people and the stories.
And (the most important thing) proving my husband wrong--and that I can and WILL make every recipe in this cookbook








This is my posole.  My recipe.
BUT--- to be honest it didn't' look right to me, so I checked with my daughter-in-law and added what she told me to. 
I even cooked it up from scratch!  Like I simmered the dried chilis and blended them up.
See....







What my daughter-in-law told me to do!
(she's the best cook!)




This is what is written in the Friday Friend Cookbook--
(I can change this up BECAUSE it is my cookbook.  It's called editing.)
This is the one I turned into the cookbook (and is published.  LOL if one can call photocopying and passing out, publishing) originally.



Have your own taste test!

And now, since this is my recipe, I get to tell you a story about ME!
If, for some strange reason, you have followed this blog and these recipes, you will remember that we always have Friday night dinner with our Friday night friends, the Miltons.
**It used to be every single Friday if the other couple wasn't busy, but it has dwindled a bit in the last few years**
**still best of friends tho**

Besides eating, every couple of years we take a long weekend trip with them.
This trip to Sacramento, California was years ago.  Robbie and I had tickets to see The Lion King and the guys went to a brewery.
(weird fact---I cried at the very first part of the Lion King. Live theater makes me emotional--I'm not sure why)
We managed to catch up with them and one day spent the afternoon, wandering around Old Sacramento.  
Then took the river taxi back up to our hotel.

We also spent one day going to wineries around Lodi and ended up wine tasting and buying wine to take home.
Lots of wine.
(another weird fact--I used to dislike wine.  34 years ago, when we first became friends with the Miltons, I hated it.  I would drink water and coke.  Not sure how I merged into my love of wine, but I did.   It must be Robbie's fault.  😉 )
She has introduced me to good wine, good food, good friends and great memories.



We have the best of times with these people!











It could have been lotto tickets and they were trying to win big!


Finally!  Wine time!








And this my friends is
recipe #307

Yes, I know, it's been a while.  I was going to finish this cookbook countdown this year!  I lost my mojo somewhere in the bleak mid-winter.
But I can still do this!  I can!

Only 60 left to go!

I can do it!

WOO HOO!  I am below 100 recipes now.  Yay!  Yahoo! Whoopie!



No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...