Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Cookbook Wednesdays and it's all about Washington (state)


It's Cookbook Wednesday!
And this is  #79 for me!
As  I said the last time I posted a cookbook for the countdown,  
this isn't even making a dent in my collection.
And it's #79!
This will keep me busy until I die. (posting from each cookbook)
I'm so glad I have a purpose in life!  A goal!  I can never give up!

Then swing on over to Marjie  host of Modern Day Ozzie and Harriet to see other Cookbook enthusiasts. 
She's hosting for now, while Louise is on a break. (Hey Louise!)


This week's cookbook--- #79 ---  I ordered on-line last year.
I grew up in Washington State -- it ties for my 2nd favorite state--with Oregon.
But that is actually too much information, I know (like you care what my favorites states are?)

Anyway, I wanted something to show the Pacific Northwest  Regional Cooking.
Regional cooking is funny, because when you live in a region,  you see nothing special about it.  It's just what you cook.


This is what Goodreads says about this cookbook:
Cookbook lovers will discover Washington like they've never tasted it before with the latest edition in the EAT & EXPLORE STATE COOKBOOK SERIES. Eat & Explore Washington is much more than your average cookbook. It is an outstanding cookbook featuring traditional recipes from the people who know them best Washington cooks. With easy to follow recipes for favorite Washington dishes like Fried Razor Clams, Spicy Lentil Crackle and Grandma Ester's Lemon Pie, this outstanding new cookbook preserves Washington's most treasured dishes. But that's not all. Eat & Explore Washington is a tourist's guide to everything that makes Washington special. From Glacier Peak Winery to the Chehalis Garlic Festival, travelers and armchair travelers alike will enjoy reading about the festivals, events and unique destinations that are hallmarks of the state's traditions.


There are lots of good recipes in here --- from the Pacific Northwest.  Lots of salmon, lots of apples, lots of--- coffee?  Did I  hear coffee?

Why YES, coffee is the perfect regional recipe.
Seattle! 
The birthplace of Starbucks!

It seemed appropriate. 
(that and the fact that it's already Wednesday and I hadn't made anything yet.  It seemed quick and easy, but as we find out--- oh, So, GOOD!!)




I guess you have to love coffee, and I do, to totally 'get' the Pacific Northwest coffee scene.
There are coffee shops and stops on every street corner.
And I mean EVERY street corner.

It's quick, it's good... but kind of expensive.
You CAN make good coffee at home.
Especially Iced Coffee.

And then take a silly photo of it in a windowsill, while meaning to crop all that crap out before you uploaded the photo to your blog.
(it was early, I was trying to get light, but NOT trying to show my whole windowsill etc.  Oh well, that's what I get for being a procrastinator)

This iced coffee is GOOD!!!

For the record, The Handyman and I argue over coffee all the time.
I buy Starbucks Breakfast Blend
or
Dunkin' Donuts original.

He buys Folgers.

Today I used Starbucks.  So, I am sure--SURE---ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE --that's why this tasted so good.





Kahlua Iced Coffee
1 cup brewed coffee--cooled
1 1/2 oz Kahlua
1 oz half and half
Sugar to taste
whipped cream
cinnamon

Mix coffee, Kahlua,  half and half, and sugar in a tall glass.  Add ice cubes.  Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.



 Off the record?
I had a little help this morning.
I left the bowl of whipped cream on the table, while I was setting the iced coffee on the windowsill (don't laugh---I'm an artist)
(okay laugh!)
and I turned around and someone, who shall remain nameless, thought she could help herself to some whipped cream.



Apparently she loved it!
She's licking her chops!


And then!  
she kept sticking her nose in my photo shoot!!







3 comments:

Mae Travels said...

I wonder how many states have an official cookbook? This one looks good!

Marjie said...

She's awfully cute. And since the cream was just sitting there, I get why she thought she could have some, too!

For the record, my dearly beloved only wants Folgers, too. I drink Harney's tea.

I've linked you to Cookbook Wednesday!

Kathy Walker said...

Mmmmm....this is a coffee after my heart! Your cookbook collection sounds like mine, many more cookbooks than meals available in my lifetime. I should follow your lead and choose one a week.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...