Monday, May 18, 2015

Sweet French Toast -- Friday Friend Cookbook Recipe #51



Friday Friend Recipe #51:  Sweet French Toast

Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook:   I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county).  At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions,  exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts,  had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND,  we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
Which brings me to this... recipe #51

Theda's
Sweet French Toast



Sometimes when I make French Toast, I just like butter and sugar on it.
(it's because my friend Traci told me that's how she likes it. I tried it, I liked it)
Or maple syrup of course.
Sometimes peanut butter, but I usually reserve that for waffles.
But Theda turned in this little gem for the Friday Friend Cookbook and it is YUMMY!!
It's company yummy.
I will definitely be making this for my next overnight guests.
It's just a sweet cream cheese, but once it melted down over the hot french toast-- it was  mouth watering.




Sweet French Toast
Theda Pansevicius
Tualatin, OR

3 T. Flour
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/8 t. salt
6 slices French bread or Texas toast (I used Texas Toast)
3 t. butter

Mix the top 5 ingredients. Dip bread in egg mixture.  
Melt butter in fry pan and fry bread on each side.

Sweet Mixture:
1 8oz package cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Mixture of berries

Place sweet mixture on top of French Toast, either spread or spoon drop.
Top with any mixture of fresh berries.


Now to introduce you to Theda!
Oh well, this is her 7th recipe in the Friday Friend Countdown.. so you might have met her before.

What can I tell you about her, that I haven't already?
One little fact?
That is new to the blog.
Let me see.
I'm thinking....can you tell?
Theda has lived in Alaska AND Arizona!
2 weather extreme states.

Come on---give me a break.  I probably have 30 more recipes from her, in which I have to think of 30 more things to say about her.
30 times--where I can't get tooooo personal, you know.
How 'bout this today:
She loves being a grandma.
oh..and she loves Happy Hour!
(I mean, you get appetizers for cheap then! That's what I mean.  And it's a nice time to have a cocktail and try some new food at fun places without spending a fortune. Geez.)

Here she is with her daughter and granddaughter.
Beautiful pictures.
Beautiful friends.




2 comments:

Tina said...

I never thought about cream cheese on top of French toast, but oh wow, that sounds amazing. I'm like you, smearing jam or peanut butter on waffles or pancakes.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Ooooh, love the addition of cream cheese to these. You would think that living in Texas I would have a stock of Texas Toast in my pantry, but I don't. Think it would definitely make for better french toast and grilled cheese sandwiches, though!! This looks delicious.

My husband likes jam on his but I'm usually OK with just a bit of syrup and powdered sugar. But yum that cream cheese! ;)

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...