Tuesday, May 5, 2015

First Chapter--First Paragraph



It's Tuesday!
And that means, that Diane at  Bibliophile By the Sea
hosts her

I wish I was as committed, as loyal and as dedicated as some bloggers who participate in this meme every week.
(I'll just tell you right now--I'm a procrastinator.  I know it.  I don't know how to not be.  I do some of my best work that way.)

Anyway--it's a fun weekly meme and you really do get some great ideas for new books.

Here is how it works:
Every Tuesday Diane hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where she shares the first paragraph or (a few) of a book she is reading or thinking about reading soon.

THEN we all get to vote on whether we like her book and think she should keep reading or not.
The same will go for you if you link up.
Check our her site for more details.

Here is my first paragraph:
For a week, the feeling had been with him, and all week long, young Paul LeBeau had been afraid.  Of what, exactly, he couldn't' say.  Whenever he tried to put the finger of his thinking on it, it slipped away like a drop of mercury.  But he knew that whatever was coming would be bad, because the feeling was exactly like the terrible waiting had been before his father disappeared.  Each day he reached out into the air with all his senses, trying to touch what was coming, so that finally , on that morning in mid-December when the clouds rolled in thick and gray as smoke and the wind screamed over the pines and tamaracks and the snow began falling hard, Paul LeBeau looked out the window of his Algebra class and thought hopefully--maybe it's only this.


So...what do you think?
Should I keep on reading?

If you can't judge by the first paragraph, perhaps a peek at the book cover?



Did that help you any?
Should I keep on reading?

3 comments:

Kay said...

Oh, yes, keep reading. I've read this book and enjoyed it very much. Nice beginning to a good series.

JoAnn said...

The opening paragraph doesn't do much for me. Might need the blurb to help decide...

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Debbie, I enjoyed this author in the past and would read more!! Enjoy

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...