Sunday, July 13, 2008

going out to lunch



Every Friday some of my friends and I go out to lunch. (consider this your invitation)

The trouble is, here in Winnemucca, Nevada, we are very limited on where we can go... seeing as we have only a handful of restaurants. Okay--two handfuls. But limited just the same.

Last Friday, we tried "Dos Amigos", a very nice place, with great food. The only trouble we've always had is with the waitress. She's very slow. And very forgetful. I'm sure she's related to the owner. She's always there, always working. And in the world of waitressing, you sometimes have big turnover. But not at "Dos Amigos". We get the same waitress all the time. Don't get me wrong....she's very nice. Just really slow. If I were doing a restaurant review, that would be the only bad thing I could say about the place. If you want a nice liesurly lunch, go ahead and enjoy, but if you are limited on time, you might want to skip it.

On Friday, I had a steak quesidilla. Mmmmmm....it was so delicious! And big! Full of grilleds steak, cheese and veggies---similar to a fajita. I could only eat half of it and I took the rest to my husband Rich, who was happy to finish it off for me.

The only other interesting thing about lunch was my group of friends. NOT "foodie bloggers". Need I say more? LOL While they do love me, they don't always understand me. "why are you taking pictures of the food Debbie?" "don't you dare put us in the blog?" etc etc. They lucked out. This time.

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...