Thursday, September 11, 2008

We need cookies!

How many chocolate chip cookie recipes are out there? 100's or 1000's!!

This is a Pumpkin Cookie recipe, that just happens to have chocolate chips in it. I guess you could add nuts if you wanted to. I guess you could do raisins too if you wanted, but please don't. Raisins have their place....just not in these cookies.

It's good and moist and "pumpkiny", so you have to like pumpkin in order to like these cookies.
They are a cake like cookie.

There really isn't much more to say about them. Except my book club gobbled them up by the handfuls.




Pumpkin Cookies

1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 can pumpkin (small can--enough for 1 pie)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 pkg. chocolate chip cookies


Cream together oil, sugar and egg. Sift flour and add all dry ingredients. Add flour mixture, alternatley with pumpkin to creamed mixture. Add chocoalte chips. Drop by teaspoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comment:

Jolina said...

My pumpkin choc chip cookie recipe: one box spice cake mix, one small can pumpkin (not pie filling) and choc chips - however many you like. Mix, scoop out and bake. Easy, and surprisingly good.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...