Saturday, October 24, 2015

Five Days Left

 
From Goodreads:
Destined to be a book club favorite, a heart-wrenching debut about two people who must decide how much they’re willing to sacrifice for love.Mara Nichols is a successful lawyer, devoted wife, and adoptive mother who has received a life-shattering diagnosis. Scott Coffman, a middle school teacher, has been fostering an eight-year-old boy while the boy’s mother serves a jail sentence. Scott and Mara both have five days left until they must say good-bye to the ones they love the most.
 Through their stories, Julie Lawson Timmer explores the individual limits of human endurance and the power of relationships, and shows that sometimes loving someone means holding on, and sometimes it means letting go.  
 
From Me:
I'm not quite sure what I think of this book. 
At first it was so-so for me, then it was good for me and by the end it had me in tears (in a good way).
It was all those things mentioned in the Goodreads review-- the power of relationships, what a topic!
This might be a good book club book as the discussion could be endless.
3.876 stars from me!

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...