Monday, October 12, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #79 -- Cake Box Cookies


 Friday Friend Recipe #79--Cake Box Cookies
Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.

I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.

Which brings me to this... recipe #79

Shelly's
Cake Box Cookies



It does not get any easier than this!
This is the simplest, most easy cookie recipe you'll ever make.
They're  good too! Soft, chewy, super delicious!

Although,  Shelly didn't state this in the cookbook, I think you can mix and match cake mixes and chips to make any combination you'd like.


Cake Mix Cookies
Shelly Noble
Winnemucca, NV
1 devil's food cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix together. If too dry, add water drops.
Add:
1 cup peanut butter chips.
Mix well and drop by rounded tsp. onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350F for 9-10 minutes.



This is  Shelly's 12th appearance in the Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown.
We know this about her:
She likes to dance (hosts dance parties)
She likes to wear coconut bras 
She likes to read books (belongs to a couple books clubs)
She likes the Seattle Mariners and the Seattle Seahawks.
She likes animals.

 Not in that order of course.

She also likes to go camping.
And wear pirate hats and drink wine out of pirate cups.



REMEMBER:
We had been camping.
And we still look so good!  Huh?  Imagine that.



Mitzi, Shelly, April and Me.
We've had some fun camping trips thru-out the years.
Now... Mitzi has moved back to Minnesota (road trip in summer 2017!)
April is retired and doing some traveling. (road trip in summer of 2017!)
Me and Shelly? We are still plugging away, working that 8-5 job.  We are still working stiffs!
Trying to muddle thru until it's time to go back to Mitzi's 50th birthday party in 
SUMMER OF 2017!

 Friday Friend Shelly Noble,  a dancing, book reading, coconut bra wearing, camping, Seattle sports team lover, dog owner, girl,
also
is a good cook!

Even tho, she doesn't like to do it much.
She does it much... and it is good.



1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Oh, I bet those cookies are really moist!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...