Thursday, October 1, 2015

Friday Friend recipe #77--Pretzel Salad



Friday Friend Recipe #77-- Pretzel Salad
Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.
Which brings me to this... recipe #77
Barb's
Pretzel Salad




2 things.
1st---I have gotten over  having to have good quality photos. 
I've gotten into a habit of making 4 or 5 FF recipes on a Saturday and then inviting people over to eat something I've never tried before.
Brave or stupid?
But in the midst of all that, I sometimes---okay, MOST times--take a crappy picture.
2nd--I must take issue with Barb, as this is NOT a salad (I have the same exact recipe in the cookbook under desserts), but since she listed it in the salad category, I served it as such.
Everyone in my house was skeptical and then delighted to have dessert along with the main dish.
It's really good tho.
Sweet and salty!  My two favorite tastes.
It's a pretzel crust, topped with a cream cheese filling and Jell-O and strawberries on top.



I hope you can read this recipe below.
 
If not,  you can just wait for my dessert version to come out!
(I am really laughing out loud here as Barb makes a delicious 'salad' )
As she says, don't knock it till you try it.  That's only if you are thinking 'salad'. 
If you are in the dessert frame of mind---there is nothing to knock!
(again laughing)




I am feeling that I am among friends here at this blog...
so, I am going out on a limb here.
I don't like pictures of me anyway, but I am going to show a few that are.... not, let's say-- me at my best.

It's hard to come up with a gazillion pictures of Barb.
(yes, she entered a gazillion recipes in the FF cookbook.   You can see them all here.)
Okay, only 18 so far---that's close to a gazillion.
BUT, my point is, it's hard to find pictures of her that  are unique... and we don't live close, so I can't just run over and take one now.

I found these--- which are funny of her, but they are funny of me too.
So, I am being brave.

What the hell, right?

These were taken at the Handyman and my, 25th wedding anniversary party.
I was feeling ---good.  (which is another way for saying I was tipsy)
Oh wait...this is about Barb.

Here she is organizing the photo.
OR
telling someone to get their FF recipes turned in NOW!



(I wonder what was really going on?)

I don't know WHAT I was trying to do?
It was 12  years ago!
Maybe there was lemon in my drink?
It appears, The Handyman is trying to hug me---it was our 25th anniversary after all, or maybe he was falling asleep and needed a shoulder to lean on?

Some of The Handyman's family (Brother, sister-in-law, Sister, brother-in-law) and Barb right there in the middle, came to help us celebrate the big event.
A quarter of a century of being together.


 You can see at the end of the photo session,  Barb, is feeling very satisfied with her organizational efforts.



And that is my Barb story.
She's very organized and efficient.
In EVERY way.... not just getting people set up for photographs.
 
Recipe #77 in the books!
 
 



2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I know people who love that dish but it's got jello in it so it's not for me.

Stefanie said...

Your friends forum sounds so fun. What a creative idea. You go on being adventurous in the kitchen. I have always felt you never know until you try the recipe out. I hope to make scones for the first time this weekend.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...