Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The last of my 2016 challenges


I think I've gone challenge crazy this year--for books.  As you know I do some food blogging too once in a while and there are a couple of  meme's I like to participate in but I feel as if I can do those as I feel like it.
Right now tho, I am feeling like I can take on the world!
(it'll pass tho)
For the book challenges, a lot of them overlap, so I don't feel reading will be the problem--writing posts will be the problem, because I'll wait till the very last minute to do that.  (sigh)

Okay!  More book challenges!



There will be two options for this challenge and you may choose one or both.  The first option is to read books featuring a character identified as a loner, outcast, recluse, wallflower, or introvert. This can be the main character (such as Bella from Twilight or Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower) or a secondary one (such as Miss Havisham from Great Expectations or Boo Radley from To Kill a Mockingbird).  The second option will be to read works written by writers known to have been loners or recluses. The great poet Emily Dickinson was very much a loner as was author J.D. Salinger,  and this link says the ancient Greek playwright Euripides was something of a loner.  A biography of such writers may be read as well. 

Click on Jamie's link for all the info!

**********

This next year I plan on reading a lot more non-fiction  (November Nonfiction must have created a monster in me!) so why not join up with Angie @ Lady Knight Reads for her:


Angie says:
So I was talking to someone on Twitter. I don’t remember who because it was like a whole 24 hours ago and I’m basically senile in my old age, but it was basically about how I need to read more-nonfiction and since apparently challenges are a thing I’m doing next year, I decided to host a non-fiction one.


Check out the link for the 411!
It's pretty low key---just keep track of your non-fiction reads and writes posts in June and December.

**********

Also joining Yvonne @ Socrates' Book Reviews for the 
Cruisin' Thru the Cozies! Reading Challenge.


I do have to choose a level for this challenge 

Level 1 - Snoop - Read at least 6 books

Level 2 - Investigator - Read 7-12 books

Level 3 - Super Sleuth - Read 13-20 books

Level 4 - Sleuth Extraordinaire - Read 21 or more books


And I'm choosing Level 1--SNOOP.
I'm looking forward to this one--especially right now, as it is snowing outside and a good cozy sounds--well, it sounds GOOD!
Be sure and check out her link for more information as well.

**********

And last, but not LEAST I'm joining Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My!
for their "Cloak and Dagger" challenge where I will aim for an amateur sleuth! 

1-10 books – Amateur sleuth
11-20 books – Detective
21-30 books – Inspector
31+ books – Special agent


There will be a monthly link up with this one and pretty much any kind of mystery goes.
Again--- check out their page for the info.


This will do it for me!

Unless....

Foodie challenges!
Okay, so they are not really challenges, but rather weekly/monthly meme's or hops or whatever you want to call them.

I want to participate in 

every month this year!  It's once a month--you watch a movie, get inspired by something in the movie that moves  you to the kitchen to whip up something wonderful!

And I would LOVE to keep up with  I Heart Cooking Clubs.
It's a weekly link up....
This is a stress-free cooking club with a revolving roster of chefs. We feature two chefs (or cooks) a year.


And then there is Souper Sundays at Kahakai Kitchen!
Nothing better than a good pot of soup!



That's all for now!
Bring on 2016!





7 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I'm trying to be good and not sign up for anymore challenges, but I know the temptation. I love this time of year. I am always feeling so motivated to jump in and read. I considered joining the Nonfiction challenge (goodness knows, I could use the kick in the behind to read more nonfiction), but decided against it. The Cloak and Dagger would probably be easy for me given the number of crime fiction novels I read . . .

Good luck with your challenges!

bermudaonion said...

Good luck!

Jamie Ghione said...

Thanks for joining my challenge. I look forward to seeing what you choose to read. I'm also doing all the others you mentioned in this post.

Kay said...

I think it's great to be involved in so many challenges. Good luck to you. I'll look forward to reading those summary posts when you get around to them. LOL

Mae Travels said...

You seem to be planning a very busy year... good luck with all the challenges!

best... mae from maefood.blogspot.com

Stormi said...

I think I went challenge crazy myself this year! Glad to have you on board for the Cloak and Dagger Challenge. :)

Yvonne said...

Welcome to the Cruisin' thru the Cozies challenge. Have fun! I signed up for the Cloak and Dagger challenge too. Looks like fun.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...