Tuesday, August 30, 2016

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros!



Today is Tuesday--- which means I'll be joining up with Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea and her First Chapter, First Paragraph
Tuesday Intros.
Where,  bloggers post the first paragraph of a book they are thinking of reading --- and get everyone's opinion to see if it grabbed them from the beginning or not.


My paragraph:

When Josey woke up and saw the feathery frost on her windowpane, she smiled. Finally it was cold enough to wear long coats and tights.  It was cold enough for scarves and shirts worn in layers, like camouflage.  It was cold enough for her lucky read cardigan, which she swore had a power of its own.  She loved this time of year. Summer was tedious with the light dresses she pretended to be comfortable in while secretly sure she looked like a loaf of white bread wearing a belt. 
The cold was such a relief.



What do you think?  Keep on reading?


The book:



5 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love this author, and haven't read this one, so I definitely must get my hands on it.

I'm with the character on loving the colder weather.

Here's mine: “THIS MUST BE THE PLACE”

Nise' said...

Loved this book. Hope you enjoy it too.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I'm already interested in this character after reading the opening paragraph, and I'm curious about what has caused her issues with her body. Love the cover too. I'd definitely keep reading.
My Tuesday post features BROKEN PIECES

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I enjoyed this one back when I read it; enjoy.

Literary Feline said...

Oh, yes, I would keep reading. Addison is on my must read author list. I love her writing style from the excerpt you shared.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...