Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday Friend Recipe #166 -- Cornbread Salad



Come with me as I continue to countdown my Friday Friend Cookbook!

What is it, you may ask?

In a nutshell...
About 18 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?

Because  one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog"
The Handyman--who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said,  "you'll never EVER do that."
Well,  maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!

Which brings me to recipes #166
 Barb's Cornbread Salad




At first I thought, seriously? Corn bread?  In a salad? It'll be soggy and gross.
But this is so good!  
So good!  So good!
Just give it a try.
Trust me.







This is Barb's gazillionth and one recipe.
We met up for a nice little visit last weekend. The Handyman and I crashed their family time at Lake Tahoe.


(Shelly is going to kill me! This is a long post and I promised her I wouldn't do so many long ones, because she is awesome and is making me a hardback cookbook from all my posts.  Thanks awesome Shelly!!)

This is part 3 of the story of our football league.

I am assuming you've read parts 1 and 2.
Because if you haven't this really won't make any sense.

We last left our football league with the Mongloids sending threatening letters to the football commissioner.
When that didn't work, they began to sending threatening notes to the Rottens themselves.
Please take note there is foul language in the letter. Read at your own risk.
(this is a family friendly blog and I have no recollection of the Rottons telling male anatomy jokes, but then he/they might not have in mixed company.  Also take note that foul language doesn't appear again in any of the football league correspondence or ransom notes)


The Rottens received no more threatening letters during the football season on 1994.

But when the 1995 season rolled around.....
We noticed that Annie was missing.  She no longer sat on a shelf in the playroom! What happened?
We were soon to find out.
Those nasty Mongloids!







The Rottens must have won the 1994 season!

We finally got Annie back, but she sits naked on the shelf to this day! She doesn't seem to be worse for the wear tho--always kept that smile on her face during the incident. She's a trooper.



That was the end of our football league. Or at least the end of the  threats and violence and poor sportsmanship.
Or at least the end of what I saved.

Altho, Football league never really ends, does it?... because during our visit last weekend we had to pay $10 each to go in a pool and then choose teams in order of how/who we'd think would win.
(seesh that's even hard for me to understand)


It was a weird point thing on how you won.  I could have won.  I don't know.  Maybe I did??

Only this man knows for sure!


A Mongloid!
Maybe there is a part 4 to this story after all.

So anyway---
Cornbread Salad is good and it is #166 in the Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown!

128 left to go!



3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

What fun friends! I think my family would love that recipe.

Tina said...

You guys are crazy, what fun you have!

Carole said...

Hi Debbie, this would fit perfectly in Food on Friday: September under the corn theme. Hope you bring it on over to share with everybody. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...