Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Friday friend recipe #310 and 311--Ashley's Cookies

 




 I am under 60 recipes now--I must get this done!  At least to prove something to myself if not the Handyman...
 because...

...about 22 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an
  e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?
because one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman/Mayor, who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said "you'll never EVER do that."
Well, maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!

Which brings us to Ashley's Cookies!


**********************************
I just need to hurry up and 'get 'er done'
Then I'll show him!

And as always, it's not about the quality of the photos, it's about the family, friends and fun we have all had together!




These are very special friend cookies!
You have to like nuts--because there are a lot of nuts in the making of this!  
(and I don't mean just me and Ashley 😊)





This is a really good cookie--- I love nuts in a cookie.
If you do too, then think of this as a chocolate chip cookie on steroids!
It's not just walnuts--It's ALL THE NUTS!







And please take note that it does say, "plain old drop cookie" in those directions--because that's what I did--I just dropped them. 
Then I put a butter frosting glaze on them.
They are very good.
(it's no wonder I need to go on a diet!)




I bet Ashley uses these for her Christmas cookies, but I know that she doesn't just drop them, she'll roll them and cut them out and then decorate them.
One year during the Holiday time, Ashley and her mom and sister baked cookies for an entire weekend--like 24 different recipes--and then she made a booklet and gave it to me with a platter full of the cookies they made. (that's how I know she really does do the rolling and cut out of these great butter cookies), but on that platter and in that booklet, there is a recipe for an eggnog cookie with a butterscotch center that I loved and have never ever been able to duplicate. 

Hey! When I'm done with this cookbook countdown maybe I'll count down Ashley's cookie booklet!
Everybody loves cookies!




This is Ashley's 10th appearance in a blog post, (check out all her posts by
 clicking here.  go on--do it!) but in some there are more than 1 recipe, so I guess this is my 9th story about her.   I'm running out of new photos (because she moved away!!) and new stories (because she's been gone for a while now), maybe I should write a story about our friend Betty!  Betty is on the left.
When you click on Ashley's backstories, Betty is prominent in 6 of them, and there are only 9.  It's just that Betty never turned in a recipe, so ????

Now have you just gotten back from checking out Ashley's other Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown posts?
Isn't it funny that Betty is in almost all of them?

I first met Betty and Ashley, when the Handyman/Mayor was on the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.  Long story short, he left, I got a job there, I am now the Executive Director of the Chamber, Ashley moved away but still owns a restaurant here in Winnemucca and Betty is the Planning Director for the County.  (she'll get annoyed with me as I don't think that is her official title, BUT since she is the only person in the Planning Department office, that's what I'm going to call her.)

These 2 friends are excellent cooks!
And planners.

All the photos below are from events they planned.

1.  Harvest Hops and Grapes (a beer and wine tasting event.  It was pretty unique when it first began.  It lasted for 20 years and then another event took its place)


2. Another year, another Hops and Grapes event.



3.  And the Chamber's Garden Tour!
Ashley and Betty are ready to go out and be the hosts at a house/home in the community (with a great garden) as residents come tour.


You will have noticed more 'events' where these two were cooking together, selling tickets together, cleaning up together, when you checked out Ashley's other FF Cookbook Countdown posts. 
If you missed it just click here.



And these, my friends are
recipes #310 and #311

Only 56 left to go!

I can do it!

WOO HOO!  I am below 75 recipes now.  Yay!  Yahoo! Whoopie!

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...