Monday, January 20, 2014

It's Monday...What Are You Reading?

Labor DayLabor Day by Joyce Maynard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

( 3 stars does not mean it's bad.)  I did like it!!  Someone once said to me, "I'm sorry  you didn't like it, you only gave it 3 stars"  But the truth of the  matter is,  out of the 537 books I have on Goodreads, I've only given 3 or 4 a Five-Star rating, and  I would have given it a  3+ if there were such a rating.    I like coming of age books, which is what I feel this was.  Nostalgic and heart-felt.    I would recommend it to my friends!  I can't wait for the movie. 
I did a quick email to all of my book clubs to see if any one in them wanted to do a "Books to Film" book club this year.  We would all read the books on our own and then go see the movie together if it comes here.  (Notice I said IF and not WHEN?  It's a small town in the middle of nowhere)
I guess I didn't have enough book clubs in my life!

View all my reviews

Yesterday I started reading,  "I am Malala".   I am finding it very interesting so far.  I have to finish it by Saturday morning for the UMW book club and then start on Blue Asylum which we will be discussing on the 29th at the Totally Lit book club. 

So, that's what I'm reading this Monday and the rest of the week... what about you?


Doesn't this look like a wonderful place to be?  A comfy chair by a bookshelf?  And of course,  a cup of coffee to seal the deal!

Go check out Book Journey to see what everyone is reading this week.


1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I don't give many 5s either. I did like Labor Day more than you did, though. I'm reading Saints of the Shadow Bible and listening to Parkland.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...