Sunday, June 8, 2014

It had to happen

The first car I ever owned was a Chevy Vega.
I was very cool.
It had a 'hatch back'  (whatever that was)
oh...  hatchback is a car body configuration with a rear door that swings upward to provide access to a cargo area
so, i guess they still have 'hatchback's'.  No one ever uses that word anymore tho.
Very cool in the  '70's!




Then I met and married the Handyman.  I had to become a FORD person.




  Right before we got married he bought a baby blue Ford Pinto.
Believe it or not, we had a family of five before we got a new car.  Yes, 3 little kids in this.  2 in the back and one in my lap....in a car seat, but in my lap. 
This was long before car seats were a law--they were just a nice place to put a baby.



Then we've owned a Ford Cougar





and as our family grew we had our Areostar




and lately as we have gotten wiser  (not older)
a Ford Fusion



and a F-150 Truck


As you can see, we keep our vehicles.  For a long, long time.
We've been married for 36 years next week and in all that time, these are the cars we've had.

Notice that since I've been married, they are all Fords  (okay, I cannot tell a lie, we did have a  Plymouth Voyager for a long time)



but anyway,  my story is---
I am going to buy my parents  CHEVY Trailblazer.
My sister-in-law said to me...
do you think your garage will reject it?




I don't know---we'll see.


2 comments:

Karen said...

I bet you'll love the Trailblazer. Cute post... I never thought to get pictures of all the cars I've owned. I think I'll do that now! :)

bermudaonion said...

I'm driving a Ford Fusion hybrid right now. It's my first Ford and I love it!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...