Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Outdoor Wednesday


It’s time for “Outdoor Wednesday”.
 Learn more about “Outdoor Wednesday” here.


The Handyman and I went fishing on Father's Day.
(well, I went reading, he went fishing)

Before I show you the pictures,  a Nevada tribute from a friend of mine..
(she was writing to me.  I asked her if she loved Nevada. I do.)

Things I love about Nevada:  I love the smell of the sage brush after it rains.  I love the "Nevada Blue" sky, and the wonderful sunsets.  I love the stark beauty of the high desert-which you appreciate also.  I love that I feel comfortable in the "wildness" that is Nevada.  I also love the people that live in Nevada.  I think there is a certain "Attitude" that a lot of us have that isn't found other places.   What that attitude is I can't quite put my finger on, but you know it when you see it. (And I don't mean the wacky rebellion attitude)  I love that my family roots are here.

Now that you've heard that/read that--I will show you our fishing pictures of  OUTDOOR. (for Outdoor Wednesday)
and if you want to,  you can comment to me about how you also LOVE where you live, where home is.  We all do and I like to hear about it.

Here we go! 
We are off. Traveling down a freeway... have to get to the dirt road that leads to a Nevada fishing hole.



Found it!
The dirt road.



After a while, we spot something GREEN in the desert!
Must mean water!


It does!
Our pond from a hill top:




Fishing...  my type of fishing
and his type of fishing







Green ponds and  if you look behind you,  the start beauty of the high Nevada desert!







You can see the Handyman if you look closely






A bigger fishing hole just a ways down the dirt road






 It was a good out door day.
even the dog thought so.









2 comments:

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Looks like a lovely place, not somewhere to get stuck though. Although there were more cars by the look so maybe not so bad. I would have been concerned about snakes though so would probably not have relaxed much
Janice

Sally said...

It is beautiful. I love the bigness and the solitude of it. I love where I'm from but wish a place like that was closer for me.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...