Saturday, May 20, 2017

Friday Friend Recipe #139 -- Pork Roast




Come with me as I continue to countdown my Friday Friend Cookbook!

What is it, you may ask?

In a nutshell...
About 17 years ago, 50 of my closest friends and family, who had been on an e-mail forum with me, sent in recipes in different categories and we compiled a cookbook.
I decided to count those down!
Why?

Because  one night I was looking thru the cookbook and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog"
The Handyman--who thinks he knows me better than I know myself, said,  "you'll never EVER do that."
Well,  maybe I will!  Maybe I'll show him!

Which brings me to recipe #139 Traci's Crock Pot Pork Roast  



Pork Roast
Traci Marques
Los Banos, CA

1 pork shoulder roast
3 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 to 2 cups favorite BBQ sauce
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 small onion--sliced
2 cloves garlic--sliced
salt/pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and pour over roast.  Cook on high for 5-6 hours.  Once done, strain the juice and thicken with cornstarch for gravy.




This is Traci's 6th appearance in the Countdown!
You can see all her recipes and stories here...just click.

Speaking of funny stories, I asked her just yesterday for a funny story to tell.
She was blunt when she answered me....

Do not need funny stories attached to all your posts.  Just say this is from Traci in Los Banos CA. If they don't know who I am by now it doesn't matter.  hahhaa

And then...
That I'm 3 years from retirement but counting the days anyway!   

Aren't we all?



Really?  No funny story Traci?
I kind of feel I do need one...but (sigh) whatever.

I will tell you a fun fact! 
Traci's family doesn't like 'cold meat', such as leftover chicken eaten cold, which was my mother's staple for picnics.
And yet--Traci is a queen of leftovers.  She loves a good leftover meal, but unlike me ( who says--there's leftovers in the fridge if you want them. With a nod of my head towards the fridge to the Handyman), she actually makes a meal, a dinner.  Complete with a 'set' table, side dishes and meat that is heated up!
I really admire that.


But you know, there is something to be said for a leftover COLD sliced pork sandwich or just cold sliced pork with sliced tomatoes and salt and pepper on a hot Sunday Summer afternoon.
Mmmmm.
I have to laugh at Traci's daughter, Lauren, who says that cold meat is pretty much like eating raw meat.
Okay... a cold meat sandwich is sort of disgusting, but it's also sort of wonderful!

Traci and Lauren a few years ago.

I've decided that Traci has great hair, be it long or short!

Traci and me in my backyard when she came to visit me about 15 years ago!



And that makes recipe #139!
Only 155  to go.

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...