Tuesday, November 17, 2015

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros


Today is Tuesday--- which means I'll be joining up with Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea and her First Chapter, First Paragraph
Tuesday Intros, 
Where,  bloggers post the first paragraph of a book they are thinking of reading --- and get everyone's opinion to see if it grabbed them from the beginning or not.
Click here to join the fun!
( I always seem to be late to the game, but really for us on the west coast---not too bad.  You still have time!)

My Paragraph:
What actually woke him was the unearthly sound itself--a mournful shatter of frozen midnight falling to earth to pierce his heart and lodge there forever, never to move, never to melt--but he, being who he was, assumed it was his bladder.


My book:



Should I keep reading?
What do you think?


4 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I was thinking, "What beautiful writing," and then I got to the end and had to laugh. That's great. I love Patrick Ness and definitely want to read this one.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This is one I've wanted to read for a while Debbie, but the intro was so so. I'd read more though. Hope you love it.

Nise' said...

I love this author's books and would keep reading.

Stefanie said...

Beautiful writing. What a way to use words.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...