Sunday, November 15, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #83 -- Poppy Seed Dressing

Friday Friend Recipe #83-- Poppy Seed Dressing
Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.
 
AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
 
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.
 
Which brings me to this... recipe #83
 
MY
Poppy Seed Dressing
 
 
This is my salad dressing---#83 in the countdown.  It's a great salad dressing, but sweet.  So just be warned--a little goes a long way.
I love it tho.
I always make it when I do a strawberry green salad, with sliced almonds.
I've been making it for years and originally posted about it here.  But in all fairness I did say I would make every recipe in the FF Cookbook, so here it is again.
 
 
In my original post I said:
 I've been making this for years, but originally it came from an Amish cookbook by Marcia Adams, "Cooking in Quilt Country".
 

Poppy Seed Dressing

1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp salt
2/3 cup cider vinegar
2 cups vegetable oil
3 Tbl. poppy seeds

Combine the first 4 ingredients. Slowly add the oil and beat until thick. Beat for 5 minutes more. Add the poppy seeds and mix well.
 




I'm going to link up with Weekend Cooking at Beth Fish Reads.
I love this weekend meme--- because it's mostly book bloggers who talk about food, cookbooks or food events or foodie movies.
I do love Food Bloggers too, but I don't know----just love this one.
 


And now this is where I tell you a funny story about ---ME. 
I actually hate when I have to post one of my own recipes...and then tell something about me.  It's much easier to tell the funny stories (or fun fact) about my friends.
 
Fun Fact about me:
 
I collect clocks.
And skeleton Keys.
 
okay, so it's not really a 'fun' fact.... more like a weird collection.
 
Do you have a weird collection?
 

 
 
But at least I'm done with Recipe #83.




 

3 comments:

Laurie C said...

Now I know why poppy seed dressing was always my favorite, growing up. I have a sweet tooth! I love your collection of clocks and skeleton keys.

bermudaonion said...

You do need a sweet dressing from time to time and that one sounds good.

I don't collect much of anything, except books. . .

Beth F said...

I've never made my own poppy seed dressing before, so I'm really happy to see this recipe. Some skeleton keys are really pretty. What a cool thing to collect.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...