Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday Post

 
This is my Sunday Post #2
The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
 
It's getting late in the afternoon Pacific Standard Time. It's been a lazy Sunday afternoon and I just want to say this:
I DON'T WANT TO GO TO WORK TOMORROW!!
 
It's not that I don't like my job, I just really feel that a 2 day work week would be enough for me.  And a 5 day weekend.  I have so much I want to do! And I ended up taking a 2 hour nap this afternoon.  My naps are usually power naps and I am done in 10-15 minutes and I wake up feeling great, but I don't know what happened this afternoon?
 
Well....it could have been that I only had 4 hours of sleep last night.
But that's another story.
 
 
This past week on my blog:
 
First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros  a meme hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea.  It's fun to see what everyone 'might' be reading next.
 
Carrot Casserole, Friday Friend Recipe #82  As you know (or don't) I'm making my way thru a homemade cookbook.  I love my friends, but holy cow, this is going to be a long process. (I'm going to run out of stories about them soon)
 
Dollbaby  my very humble opinion on the book.
 
Outdoor Wednesday  a fun look at a Nevada Ghost Town.
 
Nonfiction November Week 1  My most favorite blog post of the week!  I'm having fun discovering new non-fiction.
 
Book Blogger Hop  Where we answer the question,  do we take notes while reading a book for our reviews.
 
61 Hours  Again, my very humble opinion on a book I read.
 
Clam Chowder Cookoff/Taste off for Weekend Cooking  Okay, this one might be my favorite blog post of the week.  It was a very fun time!
 
Again, 8 posts this past week.  That's a lot for me.
 
 
Blogging things I want to accomplish this coming week:
I would like to do a Veteran's Day post
Nonfiction November Week 2
And Friday Friend Recipe #83
 
 
Books I'd like to finish this week:
The Oregon Trail
Lover's at the Chameleon Club (I know it's not nonfiction, but I have library book club on Tuesday and I have to get it done)
All the Stars in the Heavens (an audio book)
 
 
 
The craziest thing I did this week?
 
 
Our friends had their semi-annual fall dance party, where we act like we are 20 instead of  50+
(or maybe just really crazy oldies?)
 
We have a bonfire and just have a really nice time.
 
Our hosts:
 

Before the dancing began---just milling around.




There was some photo bombing!
(look at April's eyes!  She was surprised)
 



 Traditionally, the Handyman sits outside by the bonfire, never to enter or set foot on a dance floor.


For some crazy reason, we have thrown a couch on the fire.
It's tradition now.

 
 
Why aren't the old men dancing?
 
 

Who knows?  Who cares?  We'll dance anyway!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 And that was my crazy thing this week.  And also the reason I had a 2-hour nap this afternoon.
But I made it to church this morning. 
 
In past years (This is the 3rd annual, every other year dance party) some of our children have come---and laughed themselves silly at us.
It's okay, we're only going to get older.
Next time we plan on burning mannequins.
 
Have a great week....I am making the Sunday post in the nick of time.
 
(ps---the husbands do get out on the dance floor by the end of the evening.  They just have to have the proper amount of beer)


4 comments:

JoAnn said...

You and your friends have the best events. Looks like you had a great time!!

bermudaonion said...

A dance party sounds like so much fun but I'm afraid Carl would be out there with the Handyman. We've been invited to a pajama party and he says no way is he wearing pjs to a party.

Tina said...

You have a great group of friends! I love a bonfire and tossing mannequins in would be a blast.

Stefanie said...

How fun! I would love to have a pajama jammy jam with my girlfriends where we sing, dance around, have booze, and snack it up!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...