Monday, November 9, 2015

It's Monday! What are you Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile!
It's Monday is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date.

Before I get into what I'm reading, I have a question to ask---
is it too early to listen to Christmas music?  I love it and I want to start so badly!
Don't get me wrong, I love Thanksgiving and everything about it. I would never bring out a Christmas decoration before it's time (although that's all relative to when YOU think it's time)
 It's just that for us Christmas music lovers, the time is so short.
While I love it--The Handyman can live without it.
He doesn't get that option in December of course, but November 9th?  Is it too early?
I am vacillating about what to do!
What can be more positive, joyful and uplifting than Christmas music?
(sigh)
But on to the books!
What am I reading?
Nonfiction, nonfiction, nonfiction!  And a couple of fiction for a couple of book clubs I have this month.
I am halfway thru the Oregon Trail and I LOVE it!!

I have to read this one by Saturday, as that is our church book-club--and it's nonfiction, so that's a plus for me this month!
I am listening to this one---and it's great!

That's my reading list.
What are you reading? And listening to?

(you know that I'm sitting here at work listening to Harry Connick Jr. Sing Winter Wonderland, right?)
(there never really was a question there)

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

If you wanna listen to Christmas music, why the heck not? I personally wait until after Thanksgiving because that's my preference. I'm still reading the first Harry Potter book and some of Robert Frost's poems.

JoAnn said...

So glad you're loving Oregon Trail...such a great book, and I love those mules! My mother just finished the Adriana Trigiani book last week and enjoyed it.

Christmas music??? I'm with your husband. It ways too early for me!

Unknown said...

Some varied non fiction reads for you coming up. I'm getting a lot of non fiction recommendations with Non Fiction November currently.

Of course there was no question - haha! Being from the UK, Christmas is out next seasonal holiday, and I shall admit I've begun the Christmas movie viewing. From all you expressed, I think my love of Christmas films is very much akin to your love of Christmas music.

Happy reading... And listening. Haha!

Reading With Jade

Kathryn T said...

Nice to hear you are enjoying The Oregon Trail, I've read books by Jane Kirkpatrick that brought those days alive for me. It was a fascinating time.

Elizabeth said...

Sure on Christmas music.

All The Stars in Heaven has to be so good.

ENJOY your reading week.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

bermudaonion said...

If Christmas music makes you feel good, I say go for it!!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
If you like Christmas music, I say go for it. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...