Monday, November 16, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #84 -- Lemon Cake



Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.
 
AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
 
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.
 
Which brings me to this... recipe #84
 
Barb's
Lemon Cake


This is what's fun for me!
Finding old notes like this one that went out to ALL my friends asking for recipes for the cook book.
Notice that Barb says if I have to Nag, nag, nag them, we WILL  get this cookbook done if it takes all year.




It's not a fancy cookbook---you've seen it.   A plain notebook.  Maybe I should have another Friday Friend make me a fancy one?
(this one will fall apart before long)



Also if you look closely at Barb's note above, she is going to go to Best Buy to get some cool graphics for this cookbook!  I'm laughing....and I wish it were okay to write "ha ha ha" in a blog post.  (oh-it's mine so I can do it if I want to?  ha Ha HA then!)  Oh, the things we didn't know about technology 12 years ago.

I love my cookbook (Thanks for all the typing Barb) and I actually do enjoy making all the recipes and the memories I have of my friends.

While Barb might not have known a lot about technology back then, she knew how to make a great lemon cake.
Tasty!  Yummy!  
Perfect for a picnic or potluck or a backyard BBQ!


and I'll just take her recipe straight from the pages of the cookbook.







Fun fact or funny story about Barb:
She loves the ocean!
She spends about  1 month in the summer and one month in the winter at her son's beach house in Washington State.  She's retired and her husband comes on his 'vacation' to see her while she's there. She sews and reads and walks and has coffee on the deck. 
(and sends me photos)
(and makes me jealous)







Here is an old FF email from Barb---about Thanksgiving 2007-- they were going to have a Beach picnic.  I wonder if that ever came to pass?
I hope so!


 And that my friends is recipe #84 in the Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown.

Barb has 21 recipes featured so far.


I just said to my friend Shelly, "I really need to get this cookbook cooked thru!"
But then....
....what would I do?


Oh yeah---READ MORE!







2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I think you should bring me one of those cakes tomorrow. ;)

Stefanie said...

Good for her. Love that deck. And her cake looks yummy. You did a great job on it. I love anything lemony.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...