Sunday, September 20, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #74 -- Judy's Margarita

 
 
Friday Friend Recipe #74: Judy's Margarita
Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.
 
AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
 
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.
 
Which brings me to this... recipe #74
 
Judy's:
Judy's Margarita
 

This is my favorite margarita ever!
(I think I said that the last time I made a margarita.)


Lime-aide is the easiest and most convenient  way to get the sour into a margarita;  it's simple and OH-SO-GOOD!
 
I think using my retro 1970's mushroom glasses are the way to go!
But be sure and use kosher salt.  I was out, so used some table salt.
That's not a good idea!  WAY too salty, we had to brush it off.
 
For the most part, I do like a blended margarita.
Especially in the summer.
 


Judy's Margarita
FF Judy Brehm
Los Banos, CA
 
1/2 cup lime-aide
1/3 cup triple sec
1/3 cup tequila
1/2 cup water
ice
blend and drink!

 
 
Let me introduce you to Judy!
It's her first appearance in the Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown!
YAY!! (and the crowd roars)
 
Judy and I (and Duane and the Handyman) spent many many long, hot, summer days watching our kids swim.
We traveled every weekend to distant (60-mile radius) towns in the hot hot sun, in the middle of the hot, hot, central valley of California,  and put up a canopy to try to get a little shade, filled ice-chest after ice-chest, with high energy, protein filled food for our kids to eat thru-out the day, and....
 
Well, you get the picture.
Kids on a traveling swim team.  Hot days. Money spend on food and gas.
fun, Fun, FUN!
They really were some of the best days ever.
 
Then we moved away.
 
So, this past summer, when Judy and Duane were coming thru town on their way to Yellowstone, they stopped and spent the night.
It was fun to catch up and visit.
We went to dinner at Chihuahua's and had.... MARGARITAS!
 

We loved the visit SO MUCH.  I really miss her.
 
We were out of town the next weekend, when they were traveling thru on their way back home.
I got a text from them saying that they were at our house--where was the tequila?
The Handyman and I laughed and said, sorry we weren't there to drink with them, knowing that they were at the RV Park.
They sent this pic.
I thought nothing of it.
 
Until..... I was writing this post and needed a photo of here.  I uploaded this one they sent...and guess what?
THEY ARE AT MY HOUSE!!!
That's my tree!
No wonder they have such big smiles on their faces.
The jokes on me!
(I'm going to have to start drawing lines on the tequila/booze bottles when I leave!  Just to make sure nobody helps themselves!)





And there you have recipe #74 in the countdown.
 
PS  Barbara Brown, the editor of the cookbook,  said "it's about time you get to the booze".
There have been a few before this one, BUT when I was glancing thru the Beverage chapter, I noticed that I have a LOT of alcoholic beverages to make and taste test in the future!
I better get started.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I actually have the same margarita recipe. I volunteer to come over and help test the booze recipes.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...