Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #75 -- Sour Cream Bundt Cake

 
 
Friday Friend Recipe #75: Sour Cream Bundt Cake
Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.
 
AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
 
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.
 
Which brings me to this... recipe #75
 
Traci's:
Sour Cream Bundt Cake
 
 
 
 
This is the one! The one pound cake recipe you need!  Or Bundt cake recipe...whatever you want to call it.
It's a beautiful thing!




Pound cake is like the perfect dessert ever.  It's moist and buttery and you can do so much with it.
Top it with ice cream or berries or both!
Have it with a cup of coffee or tea!
Drizzle with chocolate or raspberry sauce.
 
This pound cake is my new best friend!


Sour Cream Bundt Cake
FF Traci Marques
Los Banos, CA
 
1 cup butter
6 eggs yolks
1/5 t. baking soda (you have to play that one by ear)
1 t. vanilla
6 beaten egg whites
3 cups sugar
1/2 pt sour cream
1/2 t. sald
3 cups flour
 
Cream butter and sugar. Add yolks one at a time.  Blend well. Add sour cream and seasonings. Blend.  Add flour, one cup at a time. Fold in beaten egg whites.  Pour into well greased and floured Bundt pan.
Bake one hour at 350F.
 


You all know Traci --- her recipe started this whole thing.
She's making her 3rd appearance in the countdown.
 
You know how she was my first friend when I moved to California.
You know that she's my 'go to' person. ( She knows all my secrets)
You know that we talk every single day?
We both sit in front of a computer at work---and are basically alone in the office. (well, she's a school librarian--those little kids do some interrupting sometimes)
So, we will email off and on all day.
When you talk (and by that, I mean email or text)  to someone every day, well, of course, they are your 'go to' person!


 
But....  let us now talk about THE OTHER.
 
You know...that other friend they have?
That one you might feel a little-----suspicious of?
That one you might be a little envious of, when they take your 'go to'  friend off to Mexico, or boating or 4-wheeling? Or to a cabin in the woods?
 
They all have them!  Our friends have other friends! 
 
This is Rosie.  Traci's 'other' friend.
(sigh) yes, they look like they're having fun together.
 
Yes, she's known Traci her whole life practically (sigh)
 
YES, Traci's whole family loves her (geez)
 
(OMG!) YES, it's all Rosie, Rosie, Rosie when you are skimming Facebook to steal a picture of YOUR  'go to' friend
(you know, I just might take a selfie of my self on the computer today, writing Traci a note!  That'll show 'em!)
 

Hmmmmmm, they really do look like they are having fun ---
Why the heck am I NEVER invited!!??





 
I've actually never met Rosie.
I hope she realizes that I'm joking and kidding around about being jealous.
 
Kind of.
 
And that's my Friday Friend Story for today.
Who has custody of Traci!
She makes a mean Bundt Cake!!!
 
I'd stick with her if I were you, Rosie.  That cake is worth it.
 
PS:  This is not the first time I've talked about 'other' friends of my--MY--Friday Friends.
I posted a picture of Barbara Brown and her OTHER freaking 'best' friends too once.
( you can see that here in FF recipe #44)
The ones she goes on a girls weekend with every year---the ones she is with RIGHT NOW!
oh...sorry...I digress.
 
 
Have a good day.

2 comments:

Care said...

I might be persuaded to make that cake. Looks good. And I KNOW how hard it is to get through an entire cookbook! I'm determined to make every recipe in my A Year in Pie but it's year three and I probably won't finish by December, so consider it a Four Year Pie cookbook.

bermudaonion said...

I'm not a big dessert person but I do love pound cake. I'm sure Traci and Rosie will invite you after reading this! lol

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...