Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #72 --Bellini

 

 
Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.
 
AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
 
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said, "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him! Maybe I will.

Which brings me to this... recipe #72

Meghan's
Peach Bellini
 


I made my own peach puree` for these delicious drinks!
(Meghan's recipe said so, so I did)
And for the purists in the group---please don't kill me for not using champagne flutes.
I own 2.
(I'd gladly accept some for Christmas tho)


 
I served these along with the quiche for my book club discussion.
I highly recommend the meal combination!
Bellini's are a classic Italian cocktail, which we all seem to love!
My only  problem with this recipe is---that, like a fool, I didn't buy enough frozen peaches!
Everyone LOVED these and I was like--well, there is only one a piece now.
(it was truly almost that bad)
So, when you serve these, be sure and have enough on hand, because I'm letting you know that they will be a hit on your brunch table!

 
 
Bellini
FF Meghan Stone
Livermore, CA
 
Frozen peaches
orange juice
white wine
ice
champagne
 
Fill blender half way with ice. Add peaches till 2/3 full. Add equal parts of OJ and wine  (about 2/3 cup each).  Blend and add to a glass of champagne (equal parts).


This is Meghan's 4th appearance in the FF Cookbook Countdown.
 
BUT, if you remember---and this will really confuse you now--- I am also doing a Cookbook Countdown, of all of my cookbooks, which has nothing to do with the Friday Friend Cookbook.
 
I've been trying to make something out of each of my cookbooks for a long, long time...and in 2009, when I just started,  Meghan wrote to me and said:

What if...for your food blog challenge...you make it even harder (not that it isn't hard enough) and every other or every third time, have your followers pick your recipe...do this by numbering your hundreds of cookbooks...they pick a number book and a page number .. and you MUST cook that recipe!? because your challenge isn't daunting enough...heehhee...just a thought!
 
You can see that original blog post if you want---here.
It was all about a baked potato!
 
I never took her advice and did that. 
That would take too much organization on my part---I don't' have it in me.
 
Last weekend we made a quick trip to California to visit family, and Meghan had a nice little lunch for us while we were there.
Lunch?
It was a huge meal!
Teriyaki Pork tenderloin
fried rice
noodle salad
green salad with miso dressing
 
It was amazing.
She is an amazing hostess.
I love to cook, but I wish I had her knack of hostessing.
 
Lou joined us for lunch!



Meghan and Mike-- the Handyman's littlest brother.
Love them!


my grandchildren, my nephew, my niece and her friend.
 


Meghan and the Handyman.
Her favorite brother-in-law!
 

 
 I almost drank a fly.
Towards the end of the meal, we noticed a fly in my drink and I sat it down.   She offered more, but I declined, I was done, but then we sat around the table and visited and without thinking, I picked up my wine and took a drink!!
The fly was in my mouth!!
OMG!!
Do I spit?  Or do I swallow?
I spat!!
 
I'm such a cool dinner guest.
 
It's a good thing they love me.
 
 
And THAT is number 72!
 

3 comments:

Sally said...

Way cool. think I will make this on Monday for Labor Day brunch! Glad you spit it!

bermudaonion said...

That looks so yummy! I wish I had one now.

Care said...

GREAT idea! I have some white peaches I must do something with and I am just not in a cobbler mood.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...