Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #73 -- Peanut Buster Dessert

 

 

Friday Friend Recipe #73: Peanut Buster Dessert

Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.
What is the Friday Friend cookbook: I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county). At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions, exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts, had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.
 
AND, we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
 
I was looking at the cookbook the other night and I said, "I should make every recipe in here for my blog."
The Handyman--who knows me better than I know myself (this happened to be a question on the Friday Friend forum once---does your spouse/partner know you better than you know yourself?)--said,  "you'll never, EVER do that."

WELL---maybe I'll show him!  Maybe I will.
 
Which brings me to this... recipe #73
 
My mom/Bev's
Peanut Buster Dessert


This is the best and one of the easiest frozen desserts you can ever make.
It's like a Dairy Queen dessert, only better!
 
Just be careful not to do what I did.


 
What did I do, you ask?
Well, in this recipe you layer on vanilla ice cream on top of an oreo cookie crust and then top with fudge sauce.
My fudge sauce was very thick, so I heated it in the microwave and then poured it on top of the ice-cream and added the nuts.  I put it in the freezer and when I took it out, the ice cream had floated to the top.
 
It was still great!  It just doesn't look exactly like it was supposed to.
Like I said tho...this is the easiest dessert you'll ever make.
So good!




Peanut Buster Dessert
FF My mom!  Bev Hambelton
Kennewick, WA
 
1 pkg Oreo cookies, crushed
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 gallon softened vanilla ice cream
1 1/2 cans Hershey's Fudge syrup
1  6oz can Spanish peanuts
 
Combine Oreos and butter. Press into a 9x13 pan.
Save a handful for topping. 
Layer on ice-cream, then fudge, then nuts.
Top with cool whip and sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
Freeze for 2 hours, cut into squares and serve.



 
This marks my mom's 9th time in the FF Cookbook Countdown.
And here is a photo of  she and my dad on a cruise.
They were lucky enough to do a little bit of traveling and they enjoyed it very much. 
 
 
My mom story?
Her first kiss?
her first kiss was when she was playing hide and see in her neighborhood with the neighbor kids.
My dad was one of those kids.  They were 10.
He told her he knew of a good place to hide and they went inside a neighbor's chicken coop.  He went to kiss her and she turned her head and he kissed the wall.
They got married 8 years after this failed kiss attempt.
 
In this little church.
 
 
 
And that is my mom/bev story for today!
 
******************************
I will just keep on keeping on with this cookbook.
 
 

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Aw, I love the story of your mom's first kiss!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...