Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Outdoor Wednesday



It's Outdoor Wednesday



A few weeks ago, we took a trip to the Washington coast,  and on the trip we had to go over the Crooked River Gorge in Oregon.
It had been several years since I had been this way, so I made the Handyman stop so I could take some photos.

It's hard to get perspective in photographs sometimes, but this is really deep.
That is a train bridge above.

I'll join A Southern Daydreamer and her Outdoor Wednesday meme to share these pictures.
Stop by and check out other great photos of the outdoors!


The  "The Crooked River Gorge"  is halfway between Bend and Madras, Oregon.
There is a small visitors center and a nice park and a trail beside the gorge.
A nice place to stop for a travel break, although the Handyman wouldn't do the bungee jumping from this bridge.
Go figure!
He will, however, walk around a bit with me.
(actually, it's me who will walk around with him--he's a better hiker/walker than I am)


















Volcanoes in the distance





I thought it looked cool  thru the railway trusses, so I took lots of pictures.



















He was trying to get his own good photo!


And after we left?
On to Mt Hood!
Another volcano.
I love them.
Weird, I know.  But I'm originally from the Pacific Northwest-- 
Home is where the volcano  is?
I even was there (in 1980) when Mt. St. Helen's erupted.
Okay, not 'there', but  a couple hundred miles away.  But we saw the volcanic ash sky coming our way.
CREEPY!!








4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I don't think I'd like driving over that bridge.

Tina said...

Great shots! You have such ruggedly wild, beautiful country out there. That bridge is amazing and I think that is an eerie photo of Mt. Hood.

Stefanie said...

I am always amazed at bridges because of the needed construction over deep ravines or water.

Indrani said...

Wow! Amazing structure!
very well taken.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...